Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac4
Alan Cox
2002-09-06 15:00:08 UTC
[+ indicates stuff that went to Marcelo, o stuff that has not,
* indicates stuff that is merged in mainstream now, X stuff that prove=
bad and was dropped out, - indicates stuff not relevant to the main =
tree]

**=20
** WARNING: THIS IS THE NEXT BIG IDE UPDATE. ITS BOUND
** TO BREAK SOMETHING. DONT USE THIS ON DATA YOU CARE ABOUT
**

Since kernel.org still seems down I've put this on
ftp://ftp2.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/people/alan/

Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac4
o Fix error path bug in pci resource code (Keith)
o Fix p4-clockmod compile error (Adrian Bunk)
o Align packets nicely on kaweth USB ethernet (Oliver Neukum)
o Further Changes file fix (Steven Cole)
o TCP timestamp handling fix (Dave Miller)
o Compile warning fixes (Niels Jensen)
o Next batch of IDE header updates (Andre Hedrick)
o IDE scsi update (Andre Hedrick)
| Needs some highio cleanup yet
o IDE DMA updates (Andre Hedrick)
o Update the IDE PCI driver layer (Andre Hedrick)
o Fix pdc202xx further braindamage (me)
o Further icside fixes (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
o Fix ide-lib atapi DMA check (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
o CMD64x rev 5/7 UDMA check fix (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
o Add blk_fs_request helper (Jens Axboe)
o IDE highmem fixes (scsi needs doing (Jens Axboe)
I suspect)
o Longer PIO timeout for taskfile write (Andre Hedrick)
o Fix promise cable detect (Andre Hedrick)
o Split promise into old and new drivers (me)

Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac3
o Fix procfs handling for zoran driver (Silvio Cesare)
o ZR36067 doesn't support bitmask clipping so (Silvio Cesare)
error such a request.
o LBA48 on older promise IDE fix (Mike Isely)
o Report jfs tools version in ver_linux (Steven Cole)
o HP XP arrays can need largelun (Steve Mickeler)
o Allow maestro3 gpio amp control setup by (Michael Olson)
hand for odd machines (Panasonic CF-72)
o Add autodetect to the CF-72 maestro3 funny (me)
o Fix overlarge read in vicam usb (Silvio Cesare)
o Length limit S/390 cio proc write files (Silvio Cesare)
o Length limit S/390 chandev proc write files (Silvio Cesare)
o Length limut S/390 dasd statistics write (Silvio Cesare)
o Two fixes to 3270 driver for S/390 (Silvio Cesare, me)
o Fix buffer limits in tubfs for S/390 (Silvio Cesare)
| Really this code wants redoing to loop rather than do shorter
| read/writes on full buffers. but thats not trivial
o Use define values not magic constants on S/390 (Silvio Cesare)
netiucv buffer checks
o Correct a vmalloc corner case (Dave Miller)
o Fix hisax oops with out of range card type (Alan Hourihane)
o Update Documentation/Changes for reiserfs (Neils Jensen)
o Fix incorrect type in i2c-core (Silvio Cesare)
o Fix length limits in i2c-dev (Silvio Cesare)
o Fix incorrect type in amdtp (Silvio Cesare)
o Update Buslogic maintiners entry 8(
o Don't register a gameport at I/O zero if none (me)
is configured on es1370, es1371,=20
o Handle unprintable ac97 codec names (STAC) (me)
o Restructure pcigame and trident audio not to (me)
fall over each other

Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac2
o BeFS updates (Will Dyson)
o Fix prototype mismatch in tc/tc.c (Silvio Cesare)
o SunRPC oops fix (Chuck Lever)
o Fix SunRPC TCP handling for write_space (Chuck Lever)
o Update ver_linux reporting further (Steven Cole)
o Cpufreq updates (Dominik Brodowski)
o Update pegasus.h license header (Petko Manolov)
o USB lcd driver (Adams IT)
o Update bluetooth drivers (Greg Kroah-Hartmann,
Masoodur Rahman)
o USB serial update (Greg Kroah Hartmann)
o Workaround for some usb keyboards (Itai Nahshon)
o Minolta DImage4 entry for unusual_devices (Petr Konecny)
o OHCI completion of unlinked urbs fix (David Brownell)
o Tighten AC97 modem detect rules (me)
o Report AC97 codecs by their PNP ID (me)
o Further sis memory checks (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Add new opcodes to the hdreg.h IDE table (Andre Hedrick)
o Update cris and x86_64 ide.h files (Andre Hedrick)
o Fix includes in freecom.c (Andre Hedrick)
o Winbond IDE requires PCI (Andre Hedrick)
o icside cleanup (Andre Hedrick)
o Report ide unregister failures (Andre Hedrick)
o Clean up legacy hd driver to use outb (Andre Hedrick)
o Ditto for ide-cs (Andre Hedrick)
o ns87415 needed to call its own ide_dma_end (Andre Hedrick)
o Make via_base unsigned long not uint (Andre Hedrick)
o Update ide-ppc (probably broken until some (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewic=
other changes go in) Andre Hedrick)
o Fix bugs in the ide-cd -> ide-scsi pass over (Andre Hedrick)
o Kill GET_ERR macro in ide-disk (Andre Hedrick)
o IDE dma hack fix for etrax - needs to be (Andre Hedrick)
generalised
o Update as yet unused ide-lib code (Andre Hedrick)
o Fix types in ide_probe reporting (Roman Zippel)
o Add disable/enable irq probe handling (Roman Zippel)
o Fix non PCI IDE build problems (me)
o Merge Matrox G450 updates (Petr Vandrovec)
o Re-enable DRM for GMX2000 (it doesnt work yet) (me)

Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac1
Resync with 2.4.20pre5
o Fix IDE compile (me)
o Update defconfig (Niels Jensen)
o Various warning fixes (Niels Jensen)
+ Remove epat debug printk that escaped (Moritz Barsnick)
o Fix PPC build for pre4-ac (Ben Herrenschmidt)
o Fix hang in Matrox DRM (Jonny Strom)
o Backport 2.5 LDT allocation improvements (Manfred Spraul)
+ Lp tidy and printk levels (Lucas Correia Villa Real)
o Update yenta region size patch (Manfred Spraul)
+ Fix an i2c bus leak on the acorn pcf8583 (Silvio Cesare)
+ Fix e100 phy build (Linus Torvalds)
o Further i810 audio updates (Juergen Sawinski)
+ Tidy ver_linux output with gcc 3.x (Steven Cole)
o ppp_generic fixes for building on boxes (Bjorn Helgaas)
with out* as macros
o pdc4030 updates (Peter Denison)
+ Forte sound driver updates (Martin Petersen)
o Fix AMD7441 PCI ID error
o Tighten asm-ia64 io macros (Andreas Schwab)

Linux 2.4.20-pre4-ac2
- Pull NFSD back in line with Marcelo
o Fix IDE PCMCIA build error (me)
o Fix check/request region race in IDE DMA (me)
o Fix I/O handling of dma_base2 request fail (me)
o More debugging around the simplex ide DMA (me)
+ Fix kmalloc error leak in fd1772 (Silvio Cesare)
+ Handle out of memory on acorn ps/2 (Silvio Cesare)
+ IEEE1394 integer overflow fix (Silvio Cesare)
+ Khttpd race fixes (Dan Kegel)
+ Backport kaweth fixes from 2.5 (Oliver Neukum)
O Fix gcc 2.x build of brlvger (Eyal Lebedinsky)
* Error handling clean ups for USB storage (Pete Zaitcev)
o Fix loops_per_jiffy mod calculation overflow (Yoann Vandoorselaere)
o PCI hotplug oops fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o APM do idle now doesnt keep warning on error (Ben LaHaise)
o Reinitialize AGP on i845 after a suspend (Charl Botha)
o Don't rserve port 0x45 on sbc60xxwdt (Anders Pedersen)
o Export elevator_init so modules can switch (Arnd Bergmann)
to no-op elevators
o Fix gmac link status reporting (Roberto Gordo Saez)
o Radeonfb update (Peter Horton,
Erik Andersen)
+ Fix resource leak on error in sisfb (me)
+ Fix sisfb to fail the load if no card is (me)
found

Linux 2.4.20-pre4-ac1
- Resync with Marcelo
- JFS files from Marcelo tree taken to be definitive
o Remove undefined signed overflow in readv/writev(me)
* Fixed the pci resource mess. Turns out the bug
was in the 2.4 core PCI code not IDE (me)
o Fix 3D hangs with screensaver and forking (Tim Smith)
* Add an apparently buggy Intel APM to DMI table (me)
* Fix non compile of kernel in French (Keith Owens)
* Typo fixes (James Mayer)
o Quieten harmless invalidate_bdev warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
+ Forte sound driver for OSS (Martin Petersen)
| Based Jaroslav's ALSA driver
+ Remove some bogus printks, fix an error (me)
handler, correct non blocking open
| spin_lock/copy needs fixing still
* Fix wrong struct in range check in ixj.c (Silvio Cesare)
* Use loff_t types in zorro/proc.c (Silvio Cesare)
o Abort IDE cd reads immediately on medium (Erik Andersen)
error as that isnt correctable
* USB typo fixes (James)
* UHCI FSBR and bitop fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix OHCI on slow machines (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Update to latest rtl8150 driver (Petko Manolov)
* Update Microtek scanner driver (Oliver Neukum
* EHCI fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* __FUNCTION__ cleanups for USB (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Update to latest pegasus driver (Petko Manolov)
* Update to latest OV511 (Mark McClelland)

Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac6
o Next collection of code cleanups (Andre Hedrick)
- Clean up the rest of the ratefilters
(no functional change)
- Clean ups for the attach logic
o Removed 'have you read the release notes' check (me)
o Kill AUTODMA ifdefs in the drivers (me)
o Rework OSB4 bug handling - we now keep disk
devices out of UDMA mode. Fix the sanity check
so we don't blow up with CD-ROM media errors
o Kill remaining if(dmabase) checks in init_dma (me)
| init_dma isnt called with !dmabase...
o Create ide-lib for some common stuff (me, Andre Hedrick,
Jeff Garzik)
o Fix the ide-proc crash on boot (me)
| May also fix the 'where did my proc file go' bits
o Move q40 driver into legacy not pci (me)
o Remove do-nothing casts from slc90e66 (me)
o Make all the pci driver functions static (me)
o Add printk levels to trm290 driver (me)
o Restore irq state at the end of the ali chipset (Arjan van de Ven)
initialiser
o Ripple errors back further. An unsupported (me)
hpt374 will now print errors and skip the
controller
* Fix crash mounting EFS from a CD-ROM (me)

Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac5
* Fix sparc64 pcibios to match the new behaviour
o Comment, add FIXME notes to the via ide driver (me)
o Add a FIXME note that we need to update PIIX
to handle /proc for dual controller
o Bump versions on ide stuff we have changed (me)
o Add VIA vt8235 IDE support (Vojtech Pavlik)
o Delete xp_fixup - the new enable_device_bars (me)
resolves this properly.
o Add BUG() checks to verify dmabase check (me)
is unneeded before removal
o Further splitting of the setup_pci_device code (me)
| Again no functionality changes
o Make cs5530 use pci_set_mwi/pci_set_master (me)
(also clean up add docs)
o Move all the actual IDE drivers into (me)
subdirectories so we can see what is what
o Clean up ide-pnp a little (me)
o Further i810_audio updates for 845 (Juergen Sawinski)
o USB quirks for konica/mintola digital cams (Jan Willamowius)

Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac4
o Clean up ALi rate selection code (me)
o Clean up PIIX rate selection code (me)
o Don't frob bit 1 on later ALi chips (me)
| Should fix Fujitsu hang
o Remove dead PIIX DMA setup function (me)
o Make new ide code using pci_set_master (me)
o Chop up some of the big chunks of setup-pci.c (me)
into smaller functions
o When pulling an unconfigured IDE controller (me)
native try assigning missing resources
o Fix wrong case in ide_get_or_set_dma_base (me)
(dma_base is ulong not u32)
o Disable winxp fix (it shouldnt be needed now) (me)
* Blacklist a Dell with APM bugs (Peter Bowen)
o Fix SMP ps2esdi build (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix gcc2.95 build of st5481 driver (me)
o Handle wrap cases in pcilynx (Silvio Cesare, me)
o Fix efi/raid problem (Matt Domsch)
o Fix hd.c build (me)
o Fix a wrong type in bttv-driver (Silvio Cesare, me)
o Updated scsi-debug driver (Douglas Gilbert)
o Fix a khttpd null dereference (Dan Kegel)
* Fix isdn/gcc 2.95 build fail (Kai Germaschewski)
o Don't synchronize the tsc in "badtsc" mode (me)
| Fixes oops noted by John Stultz
o Initial work on reverse engineering the IBM (me)
thinkpad docking bridge
o Return EEXIST on pci hotplug duplicate name (me)
o Fix IDE code reporting wrong I/O setup in (me)
error

Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac3
o IDE updates (Andre Hedrick)
o Merge -ac fixes for ALi and PCI bars (me)
o Add docs to PIIX and ALi (me)

Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac2
o Updates to device mapper (Joe Thornber)
o Fix mempool corruption bug (Christoph Hellwig)
* Correct pci_alloc_consistent with 64bit mask (Steffen Persvold)
* Elevator accounting improvements (Jens Axboe)
* Clean up vt.c ioperm ifdef even more (Milton Miller)
o Fix PAGE_BUG usage problem (Eyal Lebedinsky)
* Tweak isdn to try and fix gcc 2.95 compile (Kai Germaschewski)
o Make parameter variables on synclink* static (me)
o Add documentation to jbd layer (Roger Gammans)
- NFSD link fix (Greg Louis)
* Fix NFS oops on 64bit big endian (Dave Miller)
* Add another vaio to the dmi blacklist (Marc Boucher)
* Fix devfs enabled build (Christoph Hellwig)
o Fix resource assignment for cardbus behind (H J Lu)
pci transparent bridges
o Fix makefile for speakup a bit (O Sezer)
* Update ftd_sio driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Update usb serial Config.in (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix error handling on ipaq usb serial (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Update pl2303 usb serial (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix usb serial warnings in gcc3 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix gcc3 warnings in ir-usb (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix DMA off stack in USB storage (Roland Dreier)
* Add SDDR-55 USB storage driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix gcc3 warnings and other bugs in usb btooth (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* HP usb scanner driver (Oliver Neukum, John Fremlin,=20
Matthew Dharm)
* Update usb scanner driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)

Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac1
- Merge 2.4.20-pre2
- drop change to apic error logging level
- drop bogus sign cast in spin_is_locked
o Merge LVM2 device mapper (Joe Thornber)
* Clean up locking a little in ps2esdi (me)
| This driver needs much love and attention
* Similar for xd.c (same comments too) (me)
* Allocate xd bounce buffer early (can deadlock (me)
during an I/O)
* Fix partition table breakage (me)

Linux 2.4.20-pre1-ac3
o Report "unknown errror" not "on fire" for usblp (Pete de Zwart)
* Teach ac97_codec.c about 3rd/4th codecs (Juergen Sawinksi)
o Add MMIO support for i845 audio (Juergen Sawinksi)
o Tidy up error paths on i810_audio init (me)
* Use cpu_has_tsc macro in joystick/random too (John Stultz)
* Oliver Neukum becomes new HFS maintainer (Oliver Neukum)
| Treat him gently HFS is non trivial to fix
* Merge synclink-mp driver (Paul Fulghum)
* Fix wavelan dev->trans_start handling (Jean Tourrilhes)
* Switch to newer wavelan_cs update (Jean Tourrilhes)
* Merge e100/e1000 docs (Jeff Garzik)
* Remove wrong use of set_bit in dl2k driver (Matthew Wilcox)
* Add another tulip PCI ident (Antoine,
Aaron Baranoff, Owen Taylor)
* Update 8139too PCI identifiers (Wilson Chen)
* Add another pl2303 identifier (Lutz Rothhardt)
* Remove confusing usb typedefs (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Add ti edge port USB driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Cypress sl811 USB controller driver
* Driver for Aiptek 8000U USB (Chris Atenasio)
* ti silverlink cable driver (Romain Li=E9vin, Julien Blache)
* USB midi driver (NAGANO Daisuke)
* Fix up hci_usb for USB changes (me)
* Fix ub st5481_usb for USB changes (me)
* Fix sis DRM warnings (me)
* Fix bad ifdef in lvm-snap (me)
* Fix irda-usb compile error from USB changes (me)
* DECnet refcounting fix (Steve Whitehouse)
* Export 8253 lock for ftape etc (me)
* Fix undefined C in the dpt_i2o (me)
* Fix oops case in i810-tco (me)
o Config help updates (Steven Cole)
o Merge 2.5 mempool support (needed for LVM2) (Ingo Molnar)
o Add vcalloc, including overflow checking (Joe Thornber)
o Add mempool slab helpers (Joe Thornber)
o Make bh->b_inode a flag in b_state (Andrew Morton)
o Use a seperate b_journal_head instead of (Andrew Morton)
b_private

Linux 2.4.20-pre1-ac2
- Fix compile failure for uniprocessor APM (me)
o Fix a compile warning and save 8K in do_mounts (Niels Jensen)
o Update x86 defconfig (Niels Jensen)
* Remove dead bits in dpt_i2o (Eric Sandeen)
* Configure.help cleanup (Steven Cole)
* EExpress can use I/O 0x240 on some cards (Pavel Janik)
* Update epic100 driver (Jeff Garzik)
- Fix compile of old hd.c (me)
o Add "badtsc" option based on John Stultz (John Stultz, me)
proposal
o Rewrote the code a bit to allow automatic (me)
detection of notsc on Summit
| When and if IBM document the other timers on the
| Summit this will also make it easy to plug it in
| (We can now handle detecting mixed multiplier PII
| as well if someone wants to add the code)
o Clean up timer stuff further based on comments (me)
by John Stultz.
* Handle console_unblank failure from IRQ path (Arnd Bergmann)
o Rewrite NSC USB controller changes from parisc (me)
port into a general OHCI quirk
o First set of i810 audio updates (Doug Ledford)
* AF_UNIX abstract addresses fix (Alexey Kuznetsov)
* Further mpt fusion updates (Pam Delaney)
o Rev 0xC4 of ALi apparently isnt LBA48 (me)
o Add license tag to AF_UNIX (Christian Kurz)
* USB scanner endian fixes (Frank Zago)
o Update 2.4 to the 2.5 LDM driver (Richard Russon)
* Update 8193cp driver for 64bit DMA, checksum (Jeff Garzik)
* Update 8139too driver (Jeff Garzik)
* Natsemi updates (Tim Hockin)
* Remove unneeded net includes (Brad Hards)
* Spelling fixes in drivers/net
* Fix use after kfree in au1000 ethernet (Marcus Alanen)
* Mark roadrunner driver as experimental (Greg Banks)
* Mark the FMV driver obsolete (Greg Banks)
* Tidy rcpci45 (Eric Sandeen)
* Fix ppp compile warning (Eric Sandeen)
* Move 3c509 license tag outside of ifdefs (Jeff Garzik)
* Fix ALi irda warning (Eric Sandeen)
* Fix flags types in a few drivers (Celso Gonz=E1lez)
* E100 needs bitops.h (Dave Miller)
- Remove a debug line in the Makefiles (Alex Riesen)
* Back port 2.5 file lease code and race fixes (Stephen Rothwell)
o PnPBIOS ESCD reader fixes (Thomas Hood)

Linux 2.4.20-pre1-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.20pre1
- Drop broken isicom change
- Fix formatting errors in x86_64 char/Config.in
- Fix formatting errors in x86_64 isdn/Config.in
- Fix formatting errors in x86_64 radio card Config.in
- Fix formatting errors in x86_64 drivers/net/Config.in
- Drop broken atarilance change
- Fix wrong ioctl return in e100_ethtool_test, e100_ethtool_gstrings
- Fix security hole in e100 ioctl handler
- Fix identical hole in e1000 ioctl handler
- Remove mess where x86_64 sticks its arse in all sorts of
config files and makes a mess of it. Other ports don't because
the result sucks, x86_64 shouldnt either
- Drop utterly bogus change to drivers/sound/Config.in
- Revert uncompilable tg3 driver
* Fix up the eepro100 mess from 20pre1 (Christoph Hellwig)
* Switch to Namesys __FUNCTION__ reiserfs fixes (Oleg Drokin)
* Fix eepro formatting on register
o Fix radeon build on PPC (Ben Herrenschmidt)
o PPC scheduler, bitups, rwsem bits (Ben Herrenschmidt)
* Rework JFS indoe locking (David Kleikamp)
* Dynamically allocate JFS metapages (David Kleikamp)
* JFS rmdir/unlink d_delete removal (David Kleikamp)
* Add resize support to JFS (David Kleikamp)
* Rmemove unused code in aacraid (Christoph Hellwig)
* Export the new pci_enable function to modules (Tomas Szepe)
o Handle APM on armada laptops (Samuel Thibault)
* Fix further errors in depca
* Fix a harmless physical/logical cpu confusion (me)
in the APM code
- Fix migration to CPU 0 before poweroff (me)
o Make the APM on CPU 0 locking cover all of APM (me)
| idle on SMP needs work, but this seems to work for the rest
| with my SMP boxes

Linux 2.4.19-ac4
* Fix pci_enable_device bug I added in ac3 (Jeremy Fitzhardinge)
o Don't program the ALi ISA bits when using a (Go Taniguchi,=20
Non ALi Northbridge Bruce Howards, me)
* E1000 Gigabit ethernet driver
o Fix build for I/O debug MULTIQUAD I hope (me)
| Found by Willy Tarreau
* Bluetooth core update/hot plug support (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* L2CAP lock fixes, datagram and shutdown (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* Fix locking in SCO bluetooth layer (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* Update hci_usb driver, fix refcounting (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* Add BNEP support to bluetooth (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* Fix iee1394 build failure (me)
+ Fix BUZ_G_STATUS in zr36067 (me)
* Fix warning in fdomain.c (me)
* Fix warning in pas16 driver (me)
* Fix warning in bin2hex.c (me)
* Fix warning in xirc2ps_cs (me)

Linux 2.4.19-ac3
o Rethink number one on the IDE stuff (me)
We go back to the old pci setup, and
add the ability to enable devices with
some BAR's left unassigned

Linux 2.4.19-ac2
o Disable LBA48 on ALi IDE (Andre Hedrick,
revisions below 0xC4 Daniela Engert)
X Fix __FUNCTION__ warnings in reiserfs (me)
* Fix __FUNCTION__ in rest of irda drivers (me)
o/* Fix __FUNCTION__ in some more net/irda bits (me)
* Add sem_getcount abstraction from parisc tree
o Merge some of the minor pcnet32 changes from
the parisc tree
X Fix __FUNCTION__ in the ldm partition code (me)
o Fix __FUNCTION__ in cycx_wan driver (me)
X Add full IDE reassignment based on description (me)
from Petr Vandrovec
o Update defconfig for the -ac tree (Niels Jensen)
* Fix AGP warnings (Niels Jensen)
o Make rwlock_t not waste space on gcc 2.95/2.96 (Niels Jensen)

Linux 2.4.19-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19
* Add identifiers for the 3Com AirConnect PCI (Ingo Rohifs)
* Fix typo in sym2 comments (Grant Grundler)
* Fix cyclades resource bug (Florian Lohoff)
* Fix address reporting on segv and friends for (Aneesh Kumar)
Alpha
o Merge APM fixes for crashes on ASUS board (Willy Tarreau)
* Add module tags to toshiba smm driver (Jonathan Buzzard)
* Fix extern for init_rootfs (Christoph Hellwig)
* Make vmalloc.h include highmem.h to fix (Keith Owens)
build errors on some setups
* More __FUNCTION__ clean up for gcc 3.1 (me)

Linux 2.4.19rc5-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19rc5
o Flush the right thing in ramdisk (HP merge)
* Merge further small hppa bits (HP merge)
o Fix ide option breakage (Mikael Petterson)
* Fix a JFFS2 oops case (David Woodhouse)
+ Switch 'processor id' to 'physical id' (me)
| Keeps glibc happy until we sort out cpu numbers longer term
o Fix incorrect marking of phys_proc_id init (David Luyer)
o Update the experimental amd76x_pm code (Johnathan Hicks)
* EEPro10 update (Aristeu Sergio Rozanski Filho)
* Fix missing prototype (Christoph Hellwig)
o Make mount hash size more sensible (Christoph Hellwig)
* Make i386 semaphore implementation gcc3 safe (Christoph Hellwig)
o Remove dead code in alim15x3 IDE code (me)
o Make the i8x0 audio power up more conservative (me)
o Enable EAPD on i8x0 audio devices (me)
| Hopefully this will fix some of the 'silent laptop' problems
* Fix misordering in drivers/net/Config (Willy Tarreau)
* Fix undefined C usage in ixj (me)
* Fix undefined C usage in se401 (me)
* Kill __FUNCTION__ in some usb drivers (me)

Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac5
o Fix the SMP compile problem (me)
| Better solutions preferred - suggestions anyone ?
o/* Exterminate more of the __FUNCTION__ warnings (me)
* Fix warning in stallion and real loading bug (me)
* Fix various random gcc 3.1 warnings (me)
* Hopefully fix the DRM compile for gcc 2.95 (me)
* Tighten multiple length checks in intermezzo (Silvio Cesare, me)
* Fix upper limit on stradis cliprects (Silvio Cesare, me)
* Fix proc_file_lseek (me)
* Fix drivers/s390/dasd write limit (Silvio Cesare, me)
* Fix ewrk3 and natsemi driver lengthchecks (Silvio Cesare, me)
* Openprom fixes (Dave Miller)
* Network procfs fixes (Dave Miller)
* Fix a couple of license tags (Carl-Daniel Hailfinger)
* Don't pad empty initializers with gcc 2.95+ (Christoph Hellwig)
o Make better use of dentry inline space (Andi Kleen)
o Fix ffs asm for gcc 3.x (Christoph Hellwig)
* Remove last gcc3 warnings on ext3 (Christoph Hellwig)
o Warn when mounting ext3 as ext2 (Andrew Morton)
* Make umem useadd_gendisk (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix cpqarray I/O accountinmg (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix for TCSBRK standards compliance
| LSB patch with further bugs fixed
* Fix lots more __FUNCTION__ stuff (me)
* Fix warnings in hamradio drivers with gcc3 (me)

Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac4
* Support "help" button Vaio PCG-NV105 (Frank Schusdziarra)
* Clear AC on int in vm86 emulation (Stas Sergeev)
* Clean up stack handling macros in vm86 (Stas Sergeev)
* Handle multiple prefixes on vm86 traps (Stas Sergeev)
* Use FIXMAP for f00f fixups (Andrea Arcangeli,
Christoph Hellwig)
o Cacheline align tlb state (Andrea Arcangeli)
* cmpxchg8 needs lock prefix (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Make O1 scheduler hyperthreading aware (Intel)
| Plus some cleanup, performance fix
o make xconfig fix up (Pete Zaitcev)
+ Fix a misidentification of Tualatin (Dave Jones)
o Update SiS IDE driver for ATA133 (Lui-Chen Chang,
Lionel Bouton)
o Update procfs for inode sysctl changes (James Antill)
o Final fixups for summit support (James Cleverdon)
* Fix missing sign check in se401 driver (Silvio Cesare)
* Fix missing wrap check in usbvideo (Silvio Cesare)
o Fix netsyms includes (Martin Uecker)
o Penguin logo frame buffer fix (Geert Uytterhoeven)
* sym53c8xx_2 fixes for bugs tickled on hppa (Grant Grundler)
o Remove vm_unacct_vma (Hugh Dickins)
o Handle do_mmap_pgoff mask properly (Hugh Dickins)
o Update to rmap-13b (Rik van Riel,
Arjan van de Ven, Hugh Dickins)
* Fix trident audio suspend/resume crash (Muli Ben-Yehuda)
o Give panic info in morse code on graphic oops (Andrew Rodland)
* Add a new kaweth usb ident (Harm Verhagen)
o Fix warnings from init_task.c (Alex Riesen)
o IRQ balancing fix backport from 2.5 (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Clean up LDM support (Richard Russon)
* Fix lib/rbtree mismerge (Christoph Hellwig)
* Endian fixes for 8390 drivers (from HPPA merge)
X Support tulip on the parisc platform (from HPPA merge)
* Update parport_gsc (Helge Deller)
o Merge fault handling changes for upward (from HPPA merge)
growing stacks
o Fix undefined C in speakup (me)
* Fix umem undefined C (me)
* Fix a few other warnings (me)
* Lots of gcc 3.1 __FUNCTION__ warning fixes (me)

Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac3
o Hopefully fix the smp boot/apic problem (James Cleverdon)
o Tidy various VM bits up (Christoph Hellwig)
o Further quota updates (Jan Kara, Al Viro, Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix incorrect tristate in Config.in (Keith Owens)
o amd76x_pm compile fix (Erik Andersen)
=20
Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac2
o Fix escaped iconfig makefile line (Greg Louis)
* Fix a dcache locking error (Al Viro)
o AMD native powermanagement (Tony Lindgren,
Johnathan Hicks)
| Replaces amd768_pm as its already far better
- Remove dead tq_bdflush (Christoph Hellwig)
- Remove dead pg_nosave bits (Christoph Hellwig)
- Remove dead 8253x build script (Christoph Hellwig)
o Clean up speakup Makefile (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix typo in drivers/net/Config.in (Hans-Joachim Baader)
o Update to new quota code with dual format (Jan Kara)
support
o Add the XFS framework for quota into it (Nathan Scott)
* Fix unaligned access on ewrk3 (Martin Brulisauer)
o Fix config breakage from mips merge (Christoph Hellwig)
* Recognize GPLv2 as a valid license (Keith Owens)
* Update ACPI hotplug driver (Takayoshi KOCHI)
| And fix posted shortly after
o Remove ksyms.c debugging junk (Khromy)
o Remove limits.h use in speakup (Adrian Bunk)
o NFS lock daemon fixes (Olaf Kirch)
| Sign errors, Openserver interoperability
* Further trident sound cleanup and fixes (Muli Ben-Yehuda)
X Change tcp_diag.h fix to keep DaveM happy (me)
o Add via apic to expected apic versions (me)
o Next batch of summit tweaks (James Cleverdon)
| Won't fix the existing APIC problem
o Add Vaio C1MV mode lines to radeonfb (James Mayer)
* Fix sloppy sign handling in apm and rio500 (Silvio Cesare)
* Reformat depca.c ready for some bugfixes (me)

Linux 2.4.19rc3-a1
- Merge with 2.4.19rc3

Linux 2.4.19rc2-ac2
o Fix ide probe crash stupid bug in ac1 (me)
| I mismerged Kurt's change

Linux 2.4.19rc2-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19-rc2
* Minor HP merge fixup
* Orinoco build fix (Adrian Bunk)
o Vaio C1VE/N frame buffer console mode (Marcel Wijlaars)
* Fix an inverted test in sym53c8xx_2 (Grant Grundler)
* Fix aic7xxx build without PCI enabled (me)
* Clear allocated gendisk in IDE (Kurt Garloff)

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac7
* Merge more HPPA bits
X tcp_diag alignment fixup (Richard Henderson)
| Pending DaveM making a nicer fix Im sure
o Hopefully fix the SMP APIC problems rc6 (James Cleverdon)
gave some people
* Fix incorrect __init in PCI core (Takayoshi KOCHI)
| Caused hotplug bugs
* Update IBM PCI hotplug driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Add SCSI blacklist entries for Centristor (Robert Sertic)
o Update Documentation/sysctl/vm.txt (Steven Cole)
* Fix kdev_val macro (Steven Cole)
* Allow a user to force dma 0 to be allowed (Gerald Teschl)
for ISAPnP [be nice to autodetect this ?]
o Hopefully fix bogus config question bug (me)
* Fix hang on some boxes if you unload
maestro audio then hit the volume buttons (Samuel Thibault)
* Fix aha152x scsi (Juergen Fischer)
* Bluetooth pcmcia drivers (Marcel Holtmann)

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac6
o Update merge using bits from newer summit diff (James Cleverdon)
o Fix problems with non SMP but io-apic build (me)
* Socket error path memory leak fix (Robert Love)
o Fix sd_varyio masks for higher drives (Kurt Garloff)
o Fix tmpfs double kunmap (Hugh Dickins)
* VIA rhine cleanup/fixes (Roger Luethi)
* Fix typos in ncr/seagate scsi (James Mayer)
* MPT fusion update (Pam Delaney)
* Trident audio code cleanups and lock fixes (Muli Ben-Yehuda)
o Fix irq balancing for summit boxes with Ingo's (James Cleverdon)
PIV balancer

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac5
o Add additional promise chip names provided by (me)
Hank Yang
o Fix promise 20277 misreporting (me)
o Remove extra argument from vm_enough_memory (me)
| Suggested by Hugh Dickins
*/+ Initial merge of main chunk of parisc-55 tree
- fix scheduling of disabled kbd tasklet

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac4
o Tweak pnpbios permissions on escd file (me)
| We only want root able to see it
o Merge first bits of Summit stuff (me)
| Working from ugly ibm patch for 2.4.9
o Fix casting warnings in i830 DRM (me)
* Fix atp870u warning (me)
* Fix APM hang on resume with SMP kernel on up (me)
laptop
o Change added proc/cpuinfo entries to fit format(me)
o Fix PIV clockmod (Peter Osterlund)
o Re-order scsi disk structure to save space (Kurt Garloff)
o Fix CPU_FREQ build problem (Peter Osterlund)
o Clean up speakup_acntpc (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
o Clean up speakup_acntsa (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
o Clean up speakup_apolo (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
o Basic speakup core cleanups (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Fix a mishandling of PCIBIOS boxes that do not (Mark Lisher)
use CONF1/CONF2
* Fix promise skip for new supertrak (Jan Schmidt)
o Allocate nocache ram based on mem size for (Tomas Szepe)
sparc32
* Fix incorrect zlib includes (David Woodhouse)
* Fix duplicated scsi host idents (Itai Nahshon)
* Update ALi5451 audio (Lei Hu)
| Sorry this took so long - it got lost
o Handle radeon cards that report zero RAM (James Mayer)
* Blacklist H.01.09 megaraid firmware (Jan Koop)
* Initial ALi5455 audio support (Lei Hu)

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac3
* Remove SWSUSPEND
| With the IDE backport option and other general 2.5 improvements
| its now best worked on in 2.5
* Remove duplicate config options (Steven Cole)=09
* Newer SX6000 has PDC20276 chips. Handle this (me)
o Don't use LBA48 hack on Promise 20262/3 (Hank Yang)
* Switch to Promise namings for chips (Hank Yang)
* Update promise drive quirks (Hank Yang)
* Fix missing sem up on error in usb printer (Oliver Neukum)
* Correct FPU stack fault signal flag bits (Dave Richards)
* Resync with base JFS tree (Dave Kleikamp)
* Make it clear CMD64x drives CMD680 (Adrian Bunk)

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac2
* Update eata and u14/34f drivers (Dario Ballabio)
o Handle 3c556 transmitter enable bit (Andrew Morton)
* Make the DRM layer use the pci mapping api (Arjan van de Ven)
* Set pci dma masks on the i2o devices (Frank Davis)
* JFFS2 bug fixes (Dave Woodhouse)
* Fix i815 APSIZE masking (Nicolas Aspert)
* Remove junk pcxxdelay function (Sergey Kononenko)
* EFI partition updates (Matt Domsch)
- I took out the MSDOS check - if both are
present we should favour MSDOS for now
* Fix ipc/shm locking (Hugh Dickins)
* Update Configure.help (Steven Cole)
* USB updates - cleanups (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* USB fix for intuos tablet (Christer Nilsson)
* USB scanner updates (David Nelson, Henning Meier-Geinitz,=20
Sergey Vlasov, Karl Heinz Kremer)
| Note - new maintainer for USB scanner - Brian Beattie
o Re-merge the ramfs limits code (David Gibson)
| * This needs good testing
| + TODO - make ramfs homour vm_accounting
* eepro100 warning fix (Pavel Machek)
* Report ok for nfs directory fsync (Trond Myklebust)
* Promise 20268 raid should be called 20270 (Hank Yang)
| Trivial item pulled out of the pending promise patches
o Speakup HZ !=3D 100 cleanup part 1 (Arjan van de Ven)
o Report HT info in /proc/cpuinfo (Arjan van de Ven)
o PIV IRQ balancing fix (Ingo Molnar)
o Allow a non PGE PII optimised build (Arjan van de Ven)
X Elevator performance fixes (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Update cpufreq, add PIV throttling (Robert Schwebel,
Padraig Brady, Zwane Mwaikambo, Arjan van de Ven,
Tora Engstad)
o O(1) scheduler updates (Ingo Molnar)
* Fix 64bit random panic with=20
"I refuse to corrupt memory/swap" (Bill Nottingham)
* Fix compile with floppy disabled (Adrian Bunk)
* Quirk handler for Dunord I-3000 (Dave Close, David Mosberger)
| Plus I added real PCI idents for neatness
o Fix another vm accounting corner case (Robert Love)
* Patch up XFree 4.1 back compat problems (Arjan van de Ven)
in DRM 4.2+

Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19-rc1
- Drop out mm fixes
* Shmem fixes for -ac (Hugh Dickins)
o Fix vm accounting corner cases (Hugh Dickins)
* Fix utimes permission check error (Stephen Rothwell)
| It was overstrong
* Fix JFS error handling down_write_trylock (David Kleikamp)
o Module loader off by 1 fix (Peter Oberparleiter)
o Allow irda modem bits to be arch set (Grant Grundler)
* ALI M1671 GART support (Arjan van de Ven)
o IDE scsi off by one transformation fix (Mark Lord)
* Printk fixes
o USBserial semaphore fix (Pete Zaitcev)
o Alpha updates for O(1) scheduler (Robert Love)

Linux 2.4.19pre10-ac2
o Merge speakup support for blind users
o CSB6 cable detect for Dell (Matt Domsch)
o Update pci ids for Intel i8xx (Wim Van Sebroeck)
* Add AMD766 PCI irq router support (Wayne Whitney)
* ACARD scsi update (Matthew Chang)
* Fix idle-period bug in APM parser (Laurent Latil)
* Printk levels for 3c501 ethernet (Felipe Damasio)
* AMD768 TCO watchdog driver - * needs testing * (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Fix IDE port offset for pdc202xx (Hang Yang)
| should fix LBA48 drives on primary channel
o Fix incorrect speedstep multiplier detect (Dominik Brodowski)
* Add support for Aptiva with Bose subwoofer (Toshio Spoor,=20
John Rood)
* Autodetect SiS 745 AGP (Carsten Rietzschel)
* More scsi sparselun entries (Arjan van de Ven)
* Fix possible crash on shutdown with AF_ROSE (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
* Intel 845G IDE support (Andre Hedrick)
* Further CPiA driver updates (Duncan Haldane)
* Fix DAC960 diff that went astray (Juan Quintela)
* Add HP arrays to the sparselun list (Andrew Patterson)

Linux 2.4.19pre10-ac1
- Merge with Linux 2.4.19-pre10

Linux 2.4.19pre9-ac3
o Cpufreq updates (Dominik Brodowski, Dave Jones0
| Now includes some reverse engineered speedstep support=20
* JFS updates (David Kleikamp, Christoph Hellwig)
* CPiA updates/Intel microscope support (Duncan Haldane)
* Fix vm86 locking errors on SMP (Ben LaHaise)
* Remove dead vm86mode field (Ben LaHaise)
* Fix make clean for cl2llc (Keith Owens)
o Fix loop errors with highmem (Ben LaHaise)
* Fix ipc/sem.c SuS/LSB compliance (Christopher Yeoh)
X Update swsuspend maintainer info (Pavel Machek)
* Add another drive quirk for the promise (Hank Yang)
drivers
* Merge external journal support for jfs (David Kleikamp)
o Add documentation about O(1) scheduler (Robert Love)
o O(1) scheduler tidy ups (Robert Love)
o/+ Fix remaining extern inline users (Christoph Hellwig)
o Cache alignment cleanups for SMP apic timers (Ravikiran Thirumalai)
* Ext3 file system updates (Stephen Tweedie)
* Fix 'dump corrupts live fs bug' (Stephen Tweedie)
o Add DAC960 devices to init table (Oliver Pitzeier)
| Lilo doesn't care but grub does ..

Linux 2.4.19pre9-ac2
* Clean up after SIGURG properly (David Weinehall)
| Needed to match the other SuS compliance fix for it
* Fixed wrong elf section in neofb (Thomas Mirlacher,
Andrey Panin)
* Don't write to reserved bits on 815 gart (Nicolas Aspert)
* Make fcntl locking POSIX 2001 compliant (Andries Brouwer)
* Fix an mmap corner case (Ra=FAl)
* Merge 3c59x vlan support (Paul Komkoff)
* Update URLS for LDP documentation (John Kacur)
* Fix rmem setting for low memory (J A Magallon)
* Reparent scsi error thread to init (J A Magallon)
* Backport FPU init fixes (J A Magallon)
* Fix AGPgart crash on I830M/I845G when using
8Mb/8Mb split (Jeff Hartmann)
* Fix phy masking on 8139too (Jeff Garzik)
* Fix link state reporting on generic phy code (Jeff Garzik)
* Tulip phy handling fix (Jeff Garzik)
* Update 8139too docs (Jeff Garzik)
* cs89x0 update (Jeff Garzik)
* VIA rhine fixes (Jeff Garzik)
* Hamachi quick fixup for 2.4.19 (Keith Underwood)
* Revert escaped procfs debug code (Todd Eigenschink)
* Merge the 2.5 additions to ethtool (Jeff Garzik)
* Update dl2k driver (Jeff Garzik)
* Fix kernel api docs to reflect fb changes (Juan Quintela)
* Fix problems with pcnet32 workaround for x250 (Go Taniguchi)
* De4x5 cleanups (Jeff Garzik)

Linux 2.4.19pre9-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19pre9
* Fix SuS violation on readv/writev (me)
| I believe this one is correct, please double check

Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac5
* Fix various audio copy*user (Rusty Russell)
o Update to rmap 13 (Rik van Riel, Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix joystick copy_user bugs (Robert Johnson)
* Document the i2o_pci module (me)
* Switch i2o_block back to direct pointers (me)
to avoid promise firmware bugs
* Remove cache error paths from i2o_block (me)
| new code doesnt trip that bug
* Reduce the i2o queue depth per device (me)
| pending tuning - might need more yet
* Set i2o default limit at 48K a write (me)
| more firmware bug stuff
* Clean up i2o cache strategy, add tuning ioctl (me)
* Allow users to force dpt cards to use base i2o (me)
| tested i2o_block on DPT with my cards
* Remove duplicate ac97_codec inclusion (Keith Owens)
X Tidy up patch for swsuspend (Pavel Machek)
* Fix wrong __init in 3c509 (Kasper Dupont)
o Fix mm/bootmem.c build on cris (Johan Adolfsson)
* Remove config tools for 8253x from kernel tree (Keith Owens)
* Rename files in aacraid ready for merge (me)
of updates
* Merge bridge specific changes in aac code (Deanna Bonds)
* Merge most of the fixups/cleanups for aacraid (Deanna Bonds)
* Set PCI masks for the 64 and 32bit aacraids (me)
* Don't program up the ali secondary codec for (me)
6 channel if you don't have one fitted
* Block layer copy*user fixups (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Fix missing intermezzo include (Marc-Christian Petersen)
o Slab cache for iobufs (Andrea Arcangeli, Chuck Lever,
Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix intermezzo copy*user (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* down_trylock (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix video compile for split module (Michal Jaegermann)
and compiled in
* Kill 3c59x debug bits (Andrew Morton)
* Char fixes for copy*user (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Fix a few errors in the janitor copy* fixes (me)

Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac4
o Fix warnings in pc_keyb.c (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix undefined C in rivafb (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix dnotify warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
* Remove unused nfs label (Christoph Hellwig)
o Fix vm_validate_enough prototypes (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix wrong comment in agpgart (Nicolas Aspert)
* JFFS2 fixes (David Woodhouse)
o Hopefully fix zisofs breakage (David Woodhouse)
* Remove a defunct soc_probe call (Christoph Hellwig)
* Update initrd documentation (Mark Post)
- Fix SMP build (Robert Love)
o Numa-Q apic timer update (Martin Bligh)

Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac3
o Kbuild fixes (Keith Owens)
* Fix eepro100 bug/typo (Michael Rozhavsky)
* Intel 845G GART support (Graeme Fisher)
* Fix tasklet disable/kill in pppoatm (Luca Barbier)
* Add another PCI ident to the acenic driver (Eric Smith)
o Major IDE updates (Andre Hedrick)

Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac2
* Fix more compile problems (me)
* Fix a possible hang on shutdown in 3270 tty (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Make "make rpm" sane for non x86 (Cesar Cardoso)
* Two new AC97 codec entries (Lei Hu)
* Thread exit race fix (Dave McCracken)
* Further sg buffer clearing fix (Douglas Gilbert)
* Fix do_mounts printk (Al Viro)
* Umembp fixups (Neil Brown)
* Umembp shift bug fixup (me)
o Kbuild fixes and improvements (Keith Owens)
* Add a new tulip clone pci ident entry (Ohta Kyuma)
* Fix url on via pci fixups (Erich Schubert)
* koi8-ru handling fixes (Petr Vandrovec)
* Clean up remaining code to use yield (Robert Love)
o Clean up migration_init as per 2.5 (Erich Focht)
o Clean up maximum real time priorities (Robert Love)
* Kill unused variable in bpck6 (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix dnotify/process exit handling (Stephen Rothwell)
* Add another vaio bios to the table (Yves Lafon)
* Allow users to disable hyperthreading (Hugh Dickins)

Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac1
- Merge with Linux 2.4.19pre8
- Fix some compile problems

Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac4
* Test AMD768 IRQ router support (me)
* Fix ext2 build error
* Improve i810 audio documentation (Johannes Feigl)
* Ensure UTS data is in C locale (Martin Dalecki)
* Add the Intel ICH4 to the i810 audio driver (Wang Jun)
* Fix qlogicfc crash under load (Dave Miller)
* Fix snprintf return values in some cases (Ben LaHaise)
* Fix a bug that got into the iph5526 code when (Vineet Abraham)
networking
* Add more scanners that respond to all LUNs (Frank Zago)
* Synclink PCMCIA wan driver (Paul Fulghum)
* Fix sparc64/ppc64 bluetooth ioctl build (Martin Eriksson)
* Change 5/6bit codec resolution detect for (Wan Tat Chee)
AC97=20
* Fix v4l compile bug in one option case (Iain Stevenson)
o Clean up powernow initcalls ("CaT")
o Add PIO mode support for the Pacific Digital (Mark Lord)
ADMA-100i card

Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac3
* Back merge some documentation fixes (Daniel Dickman)
* Update sisfb driver (Thomas Winischhofer)
o Remove sync wakeups now O(1) handles it (Robert Love)
o Abstract away need_resched (Robert Love)
o Fix scheduler deadlock during switch_mm (Dave Miller)
on sparc etc
o Optimise sched_yield (Robert Love)
o Handle tasks becoming runnable during (Robert Love)
schedule
o Clean up assumptions about MAX_RT_PRIO (Robert Love)
o Backport of migration fixes/irq off (Robert Love
fixes and migration_init William Irwin)
o Cleanups from 2.5->2.4 O(1) backport (Robert Love)
| The entire O(1) block above is a backport
| of all the fixes from Ingo, Robert and others
X Swsuspend fix crash on boot add cleanups (Pavel Machek)
* Scsi generic buffer tidy up (Douglas Gilbert)
* Correct kd.h definitions (Andrej Lajovic)
X Fix missing include for swsuspend (Mauricio Zambrano)
* Configure.help typo fixes (Arnaldo Carvalho de Me=
lo)
* Identify PIV Xeon in mptable (James Bourne)
o Fix "skip_ioapc_setup" compile problem (Mikael Pettersson)
o Additional ext2/ext3 sanity checker (Andreas Dilger)
* Handle very old misconfigured
NCR53c810 on DECpc XL etc (Graham Cobb)
* Core of support for jfs external log (Christoph Hellwig,
Dave Kleikamp)
* Clean up jfs_mknod a little (Christoph Hellwig)
* Sync up 2.4/2.5 jfs changes (Christoph Hellwig)
* PPC compile fixes (Paul Mackerras)
* Next stage of vm86 fixing (Kasper Dupont)
* Clean up drivers to use vmalloc_to_page (Hugh Dickins)
* Fix missing release in opl3sa2 (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Fix flag type error in rtl8150 (Rusty Russell)
* Fix various missing CONFIG_PCI checks (me)

Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac2
* Limit default i2o_block to 64K writes (me)
| Several controllers can't handle larger single requests
* Add power management control to i2o_block (me)
X Use chained sg list for i2o_block (me)
| Need to load first 8 entries into message for performance still
* Updated i2o documentation (me)
* Fix make xconfig
* Fix bios reboot sequence (Robert Hentosh)
* Kees Cook changed email address (Kees Cook)
* Fix a minor SuSv3 violation in SIGURG (Christopher Yeoh)
* Make htmldocs fixups (Erik van Konijnenburg)
o/* Make all the slab caches use the "_" convention (Ryan Mack)
* Fix flow control problems with TCP over NFS (Neil Brown)
o Removepage hooks as per old -ac (Christoph Rohland)
| This lets shmfs/ramfs keep accounting straight
| ramfs needs someone to drop in the other old -ac bits stil
* Fix via-rhine PCI idents (Shing Chuang)
* Backport of 2.5 aha152x update by (Juergen Fischer)
o Loop fixups (Arjan van de Ven)
o Add HP tachyon idents to cpqfc driver (Jes Sorensen)
* Clean up mpu401 failure handling paths (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Ad1848 pnp scanning fixes (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Kill dead URL in maintainers (Joe Perches)
- Back out problem bridge update (Mike Fedyk)
* Fix sound on Compaq Presario 700 (Santiago Nullo)
o Fix restore_flags handling in cmd640 probe (Justin Gibbs)
o Fix oops from mptable impaired bioses (Arjan van de Ven)
* Fix 8139cp/8139too big endian multicast setup (Naoki Hamada)
* Fix missing newline in i810 audio printk (???)
* Put syscall table back for now (Steven Hirsch)
* Fix ips build for some combinations (Steven Hirsch)
* NLS makefile tidy (Urban Widmark)
o Fix radeonfb build (Peter Horton)
* Update poll_out fixes on tty devices (Sapan Bhatia)
o 32bit uids in acct data (Chris Wing)

Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac1
o Merge CPU speed control framework and support (Dave Jones, Russell Ki=
ng
for VIA processors and AMD K6 Arjan van de Ven, Janne P=E4nk=E4l=E4)
- Merge with 2.4.19pre7
- drop out keyb changes (breaks some setups)
* Lots more i2o debugging work (me)
| I2O now seems to be working again and works
| for the first time on the AMI Megaraid

Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac3
X Software suspend initial patch (Pavel Machek, Gabor Kuti,..)
| Don't enable this idly. Its here to get exposure and so
| people can bring the rest of the code up to meet its needs as
| well as fix it.
| Read the docs first!
* Small fix for the radeonfb (Peter Horton)
* Fix highmem truncation on DMA mapping bug (Dave Miller)
X Modules are not supposed to hack the syscall (Arjan van de Ven)
table so remove the export
* Add ite sound configuration help (Steven Cole)

Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac2
* Fix compile error when using initrd (Jeff Nguyen)
* Make the KL133 onboard video happy again (Andre Pang)
| and a lot of people working to figure out the right bits
* Reparent jdb to init and drop lock on exit (Ishan Jayawardena)
* Fix radeon corner case (Arjan van de Ven)
o Cache more group descriptors on ext2/ext3 (Arjan van de Ven)
* SAB8253 series wan drivers (Joachim Martillo)
* Add more idents for PIIX IDE controllers (Arjan van de Ven)
* Lock signals in procfs (Andrea Arcangeli)
* Backport of 2.5 BUG_ON() functionality (Robert Love)
- Drop -O1 on sched.c - turns out its a CPU
microcode bug on early Xeon not Linux
* Fix Radeon fb reset problems as X11 did (Peter Horton)
* Radeon acceleration/mtrr updates (Peter Horton)
* JFS flushpage updates (Christoph Hellwig)
* BeOS file system support (Will Dyson)
| original work by Makoto Kato
* Fix w83877 watchdog SMP compile failure (Paul Komkoff, me)
* Fix pty/tty POLL_OUT reporting (Sapan Bhatia)
* Update berkshire watchdog driver (Lindsay Harris, Rob Radez)
* Clean up duplicated path_init and __user_walk (Hanna Linder)
code
* Enable MMX extensions on Geode GXm (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o O(1) scsi free command block finder (Mark Hemment)
* Updated IBM serveraid driver (Jack Hammer)
* S/390 makefile cross compile fixups (Pete Zaitcev)

Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19pre5

Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac4
* Fix an additional vm86 case (Stas Sergeev)
| Check DOSemu again and this code wants some good review
o Do sanity checking to avoid mispoking PCI on (me)
the CMD640 [noted by Justin Gibbs]
o Fix promise IDE error recovery (Manfred Spraul)
o Ali IDE hang fixes (Sen Dong)
| Extracts from a bigger ALi update
* Ext3 balloc locking fix (Andrew Morton)
* Fix escaped MWAVE configuration (Thomas Hood)
* Fix nls_utf8 problems (Liyang Hu)
* Fix mmx_memcpy over-prefetching on Athlon (me)
o Fix an error return the vm accounting code broke(Andrew Morton)
* Fix bpck6 build on the powerpc platform (Jens Schmalzing)
* Fix bpck6 64bit cleanness and other minor bits (me)
* Fix sound Configure.help thinko (Per von Zweigbergk)
* Backport the 2.5 wireless driver stuff (Jean Tourrilhes)
| So 2.5 driver fix back merging is sane

Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac3
* Fix NFS pathconf problem (Neil Brown)
o IBM memory key ident for usb_storage (Alexander Inyukhin)
* Add byte counters to mkiss driver (Ken Koster)
* Add more entries to the scsi scan lists (Arjan van de Ven)
* More eepro100 variants (Arjan van de Ven)
* Update wolfson codec initialisers (Randolph Bentson)
+ USB serial oops fixes (Greg Kroah Hartmann)
* Mad16 register gameport with input layer (Michael Haardt)
* Update specialix driver to handle SI v1.x board (Ismo Salonen)
* Fix a wdt285 EFAULT return, remove crud (Ron Gage, me)
* Fix ioctl return errors on several sound cards (Ron Gage)

Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac2
* Hopefully correctly fix the vm86 problems (Stas Sergeev)
| Please test wine 16bit/dosemu/XFree stuff
* Fix panic when writing 0 length ucode chunk (Tigran Aivazian)
* Fix incorrect use of hwif->index in ALI IDE (Martin Dalecki)
* Fix mmap rbtree corruption bug (Ben LaHaise)
o Fix incorrect 10 to 6 byte scsi command switch (Jens Axboe)
* TCP correctness fix (Dave Miller)
* Correct mwi acronym in docs (Geert Uytterhoeven)
* Merge the rest of Promise 20271 support (YAMAWAKI Teruo)
* Fix open/close races in indydog (Dave Hansen)
* Fix compile problem with ibm hotplug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Save the .config file in make rpm (Kelly French)
* Add another vaio with swapped minutes (Michael Piotrowski)
o Further atm fixes (Maksim Krasnyanskiy=20
Marcell Gal)
o Even more atm fixes (Francois Romieu)
* USB support for palm m130 (Udo Eisenbarth)
* USB fix for pegasus hotplug crash (Petko Manolov)
* USB request sense help for some scanners (Oliver ?)
* USB support for ***@home (Oliver ?)
* USB printer updates (David Paschal, Pete Zaitcev)
* Work around USB ATEN keyboard switches (Vojtech Pavlik)
* PWC usb camera updates ("Nemosoft")
* Small updates to the USB hub code (Itai Nahshon)
* Fix spinlock handling bugs in ipaq USB (Ganesh Varadarajan)
* OHCI fixes (David Brownell)
* USB docs update (David Brownell)
* UHCI fixes (Johannes Erdfelt)
* Quieten a USB message to debug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* USB bandwidth reporting (David Brownell)
* Fix msync SuS v3 compliance (Chris Yeoh)
* CS8900 fixes (need testing) (Paul Komkoff)
* Adapt HP100 driver to pci api (Jeff Garzik)
* Acenic updates - fix leak and Tigon1 (Jes Sorensen)
* DE620 region handling fixes (K Kasprzak)
* DLink DL2K gige updates (Edward Peng, Jeff Garzik)
* pcnet32 leak fix (Jeff Garzik)
* pcnet32 types fixes for non x86 (Anton Blanchard)
* pcnet32 assorted fixes (Dave Engebretsen)
* pcnet32 fixes (Paul Mackerras)
* Fix missing linux/delay.h from eepro100 (me)
* Further pcnet32 cleanup and probe fixes (Go Taniguchi)
* Merge gcc3 warning fixes for copy/csum (Jeff Garzik)
* Fix bmac build (Joshua Uziel)
* DE4x5 slight tidy up (Jeff Garzik)
* More AC97 ident strings (Peter Christy)

Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac1
- Merge 2.4.19pre4
* Add PCI idents for mobility parallel port (me)
o Fix crash on boot with LLC if no devices present(me)

Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac6
o Fix the oops initialising the CD-ROM (Andre Hedrick)
* Add devexit_p() to the wdt_pci watchdog (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix lm_sensors compile (Eyal Lebedinsky)
* Remove some dead JFS oddments (Christoph Hellwig)
* SCSI generic update (Doug Gilbert, Travers Carter)
* VM86 exception fixups (Kasper Dupont, Manfred Spraul)
* Fix an fcntl error corner case to match SuS (Christopher Yeoh)

Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac5
* Further IDE updates (Andre Hedrick)
* Reduce ide tape debug noise (Alfredo Sanju=E1n)
* Sync devices on final close not each close (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
+ Make max busses/irqs dynamic on x86 (James Cleverdon)
| Needed for big IBM boxen
* Remove exp_find in NFS (never used) (Al Viro)
* Fix read locking on NFS export_table (Erik Habbinga)
* Fix possible NFS error path mnt/dentry leak (Al Viro)
* Use MKDEV macro in NFS device create (GOTO Masanori)
* Clean up stale fh stats (Neil Brown)
* Tidy nfsd_lookup (Al Viro)
* nfsd_setattr fixes (Neil Brown)
* Tidy up nfsd vfs calls (Neil Brown)
* Clean up nfsd syscall interface (Neil Brown)
* Fix fat NFS handle interfaces (Neil Brown)
* Tidy up export list handling for NFS (Al Viro)
* Use seq_file for NFS exports proc file (Al Viro)
o Support for deviceless file system exports (Steven Whitehouse)
* Remove big kernel lock use for most of nfsd (Neil Brown)
* Convert sunrpc code to use generic linux lists (Neil Brown)
* Tidy up svc_sock NFS locking on SMP (Neil Brown)
* Improve tcp error/close handling (Neil Brown)
* Close down idle NFS tcp sockets (Neil Brown)
* NFS TCP fixes for buffer space tracking (Neil Brown)
* Handle TCP RPC service flooding (Neil Brown)
* Enable NFS over TCP via config options (Neil Brown)

Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac4
* Ensure jfs readdir doesn't spin on bad metadata (Dave Kleikamp)
o Fix iconfig with no modules (Randy Dunlap)
* Don't enfore rlimit on block device files (Peter Hartley)
* Add belkin wireless card idents (Brendan McAdams)
* Add HP VA7400 to the scsi blacklist quirks (Alar Aun)
* JFS race fix (Dave Kleikamp)
* Fix wafer5823 watchdog merge error I made (Justin Cormack)
* Fix Config rule for phonejack pcmcia card (Eyal Lebedinsky)
o Test improved OOM handler for rmap (Rik van Riel)
* Update defconfig/experimental bits (Neils Jensen)
* The incredible shrinking kernel patch (Andrew Morton)
* Clean up BUG() implementation (Andrew Morton)

Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac3
* Doh fixed the SYSVIPC build problem (Everyone...)
o Added 802.2LLC support (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
| Based on 2.0 code contributed by Procom
* Fix i2o build as module (Mark Cooke)
* Blacklist for machines where local apic fails (Mikael Pettersson)
* Clean up wdt_pci (Zwane Mwaikambo)

Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac2
o Hopefully fixed all the as accounting bugs (me)
o Bit more LS220 work (nothing useful yet) (me)
o Change should be long not int in shmem acct (me)
o Ignore MAP_NORESERVE in mode 2/3 accounting (me)
* Fix pci bar flag parsing (Russell King)
* Handle ELF setup_arg_pages failure (Russell King)
* AT1700 filter fix (Sawa)
o S/390 fix for O(1) scheduler (Pete Zaitcev)
o Fix /proc/kcore for non zero memory start (Russell King)
* Update USB config files (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* TCP minisocks fixes (Dave Miller)
* dnotify fixes (Stephen Rothwell)
* Remove pointles sysrq-L (Russell King)
* Reparent khubd to init (Andrew Morton)
* EEpro100 test updates (Arjan van de Ven)
* Use named initializers in hwc_con (Pete Zaitcev)
* SHM ipc fix (Paul Larson)
* Further printk level fixes (Denis Vlasenko)
* Revert epic100 changes - reports of problems (me)
* Wafer WDT watchdog driver (Justin Cormack)
| I did some cleanup - Justin please double check it
* ITE8330G PIRQ map support (Tobias Diedrich)
* Trivial khttpd logging bug fix (Rogier Wolff)
* Stop module autoloader making user /proc/pid (Andreas Ferber)
dir root owned
* Handle TF flag properly on debug trap (Christoph Hellwig,
Arjan van de Ven, Stephan Springl)
* ALi M1701 watchdog driver (Stve Hill)
| I tidied/fixed this one too so please check
o Add iconfig (save/extract config from kernel (Randy Dunlap)
image file)
* Add mk712 touchscreen driver (Daniel Quinlan)
| Fixed various bugs in it - Dan please check

Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19pre3
- Revert buggy bluesmoke change
- Add missing pppox header change
* Next SIS ide update (Lionel Bouton)
* Only try the flush and recycle trick for (me)
known buggy I2O controllers.
* Clean up module junk and use new init style (me)
for I2O.
* Don't use cache hints on dim i2o controllers (me)
* Add vmalloc_to_page to 2.4 from 2.5 (Gerd Knorr)
* JFS updates (Christoph Hellwig, Dave Kleikamp)
* Fix boot_cpu_data corruption bug (Mikael Pettersson)
* Clean up ppp vfree paths (David Woodhouse)
* Emagic EMI usb driver (Tapio Laxstr=F6m)
* Edgeport fixes for multiple device case (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)=09
* Ethtool support for catc usb (Brad Hards)
* Update to pegasus driver in base tree (Petko Manolov)
* Update USB maintainers (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* IPAQ usb driver fixup (Ganesh Varadarajan)
* Allow usbfs name for 2.5 compatibility (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o Committed_AS without a space in procfs (Andy Dustman)
* Fix an NFS file creation problem (Trond Myklebust)
* Fix a missing ksym (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Increase init delay on ALI5451 audio setup (Harald Jenny)
| Needed for Acer Travelmate 521TE
* Fix printk message levels in pci code (Denis Vlasenko)
* Add another laptop to the buggy APM tables (Mihnea-Costin Grigore)
* Fix an obscure acct race (Bob Miller)
* Sonypi driver update (Stelian Pop)
* Fix devfs glitch with namespace stuff (Paul Komkoff, Al Viro)

Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac4
* Initial Ricoh ZVbus support (Marcus Metzler)
o PnPBIOS fixes (Brian Gerst)
* Fix a case where sync_one might not start an (Ben LaHaise)
inode writeout
* Corrected atm locking fix (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* mp table parsing corner case fix (James Cleverdon)
* NFS over JFS directory offset fix (Christoph Hellwig)
* Update reisefsprogs version (Paul Komkoff)
* RME Hammerfall driver update (G=FCnter Geiger)
* Fix an off by one in the bluesmoke reporting (Dave Jones)
* Make irnet disconnect hang up ppp (Jean Tourrilhes)
* Fix abuse of cli() in irda socket connect (Jean Tourrilhes)
* Add help text to patch-kernel script (Damjan Lango)
* USB irda updates (Jean Tourrilhes)
* IRDA link layer updates (Jean Tourrilhes)
* Add WD xd signature to 2.4 (from 2.2) (Jim Freeman)
* Update sc1200 watchdog (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Switch wdt501 watchdog driver to bitops (me)
* Much updated LSI logic MPT fusion drivers (Pam Delaney)
* Wavelan driver updates (Jean Tourrilhes)
* Fix a race where we could hit init_idle after (Kip Walker)
freeing it (from rest_init)
* Raylink driver bugfixes (Jean Tourrilhes)
o Switch 2.4 to using a shared zlib (David Woodhouse)
* Fix w83877 SMP deadlock, clean up locking (me)
* IBM lanstreamer update (Kent Yoder)
* Fix 32bitism in the PM code (Pavel Machek)
* Make irqsave use unsigned long for consistency (Pavel Machek)
| Just fixes a few exceptions
* Make i2o_block fallback to blkpg for ioctls (me)
* All pids in use handling (Paul Larson)
* IDE code wasn't using ide_free_irq (William Jhun)
* Fix non procfs build (Eric Sandeen)
* Cyberjack bug fix (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* USB vicam fixes (Oliver Neukum)
* Add another device to the ftdi driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* UHCI performance fixes (Johannes Erdfelt)
* STV680 bug fixes (Kevin Sisson)
* Kaweth bug fixes (Oliver Neukum)
* Update hpusbscsi driver (Oliver Neukum)
* Update OV511 driver (Mark McClelland)
* Update usb-ipaq driver to support journada (Ganesh Varadarajan)
* Fix a bug in the USB skeleton driver (Holger Waechtler)
* Further SiS IDE updates (Lionel Bouton)
* Fix ufs mount failure bug (Andries Brouwer)
* Allow the max user frequency for the rtc to (Mike Shaver)
be configurable
* HPT37x crash on init fixups (Vojtech Pavlik)

Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac3
o Fix quota deadlock and extreme load corruption (Jan Kara, Chris Mason=
)
* MIPS config fix (Ralf Baechle)
* Update AGP config entry (Daniele Venzano)
* SMBfs NLS oops fix (Urban Widmark)
* Fix expand_stack locking hang on OOM (Kevin Buhr)
* Restore 10Mbit half duplex eepro100 fix (me)
* 3c509 full duplex and documentation (David Ruggiero)
* 3c509 power management (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Remove more surplus llseek methods (Robert Love)
X ATM locking fix (Frode Isaksen)
* Merge extra sound help texts (Steven Cole)
| plus one typo fix
* Add help for IXJ pcmcia configuration (Steven Cole, me)
| Rewrote the text somewhat

Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac2
- Fix a mismerge (may explain the patch weirdo)
* Fix highmem + sblive (Daniel Bertrand)
* Reiserfs updates (Oleg Drokin)
* Auto enable HT on HT capable systems (Arjan van de Ven)
- Fix init/do_mounts O(1) scheduler merge glitch (Greg Louis)
* Fix drm build problem on CPU=3D386 (Mark Cooke)
* Fix incorrect sleep in ZR36067 driver (me)
* Add missing cpu_relax to iph5526 driver (me)

Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac1
* Merge aic7xxx update (Justin Gibbs)
* Fix handling of scsi 'medium error: recovered' (Justin Gibbs)
* Further request region fixups (Marcus Alanen)
* Add interlace/doublescan to voodoo1/2 fb driver (Urs Ganse)
| interlace is always handy with 3d glasses..
o Merge O(1) scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
| Thanks to Martin Knoblauch for doing the merge work
| Non x86 ports may need to clean up their mm/fault.c
* Lseek usage cleanup (Robert Love)
- Merge with 2.4.19pre2
- Fixed bogus sysctl definitions
- Fixed incorrect MODULE_LICENSE backout
- Fixed gratuitous supercede spelling change
- Fixed double patches from mips people
- Fixed incorrect link order from mips people
- Fixed broken config rules from mips people
- Made cciss build
- Remove half written "meth.c" driver
* Fix up some of the watchdog api text (me)
| Janitor job - go through that and make all the drivers
| support all the things ('V' NOWAYOUT and ioctl core)
* Fix wrong order in MAINTAINERS (me)
* Remove roadrunner reference from MAINTAINERS (me)

Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac2
* Fix chown/chmod on shmemfs (me)
* Fix accounting error in the shm code (me)
o Turn on mode2/mode3 overcommit protection (me)
* w83877f watchdog fix compile for SMP (Mark Cooke)
* Fix ide=3Dnodma for serverworks (Ken Brownfield)
* USB2 controller support (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Add more devices to the visor driver (m515,clie)(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* IBM USB camera driver updates (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* USB auerswald driver (Wolfgang Muees)
* Trivial random match up with 2.2 (Marco Colombo)
* Spelling fixes (Jim Freeman)
* Next batch of time_*() fixups (Tim Schmielau)
* Update video4linux API docs (Gerd Knorr)
* Merge some comment fixups (John Kim)
* ymfpci sync (Pete Zaitcev)
* Update maintainers to add pm3fb (Romain DOLBEAU)
* Hotplug updates (docs, fs, compaq driver) (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* IBM hotplug support (Irene Zubarev, Tong Yu, Jyoti Shah, Chuck Cole)
* ACPI hotplug driver support (Hiroshi Aono, Takayoshi Kochi)
* Blink keyboard lights on x86 panic (Andi Kleen)
* Further Configure.help changes (Steven Cole)
* Merge a version of the sard I/O accounting (Stephen Tweedie,
Christoph Hellwig)
* SC1200 watchdog driver (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Fix address ordering for 36bit MCE on x86 (Dave Jones)

Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.19-pre1

Linux 2.4.18-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.18 proper
- Add missing -rc4 diff
o Use attribute notifiers to account shmemfs (me)
o Initial luxsonor LS220/LS240 driver code (me)
| This is just setup code and only in the tree because
| its where I keep my hacks in progress

Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac2
* Fix a corruption problem in the jfs dir table (Dave Kleikamp)
* Fix trap when extending a single extent of (Dave Kleikamp)
over 64Gb in JFS
* NBD deadlock fix (Steven Whitehouse)
* Fix device ref counting in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
* Fix shmemfs link counting (Christoph Rohland)
* Fix potential scsi disk oops (Peter Wong)
* eepro100 carrier init fix (Jeff Garzik)
* Fix wrong kfree in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
* Add TI1250 inits to ZV bus support (me)
| Zoom video now works on the IBM TP600 at least..
* Fix off by one on loop devices limit (Heinz Mauelshagen)
X Improve handling of psaux open with no mouse (Christoph Hellwig)
present
* 3COM 3c359 token ring driver (Mike Phillips)
* Fix a case where hpfs didnt set block size (Chris Mason)
early enough
* Remove use of lock_kernel in softdog driver (me)
* Make olympic driver use spinlocks not (Mike Phillips)
lock_kernel
* Fix type of detected devices in md.c (Jakob Kemi)
* Changes and defconfig update (Niels Jensen)
o PNP BIOS driver updates (Thomas Hood)
* Turn off excess printks in pnp quirk reporting (Andrey Panin)
* Add documentation for ITE I2C (Steven Cole)
* Add documentation for other zoran cards (Steven Cole)
* Add an SC520 watchdog, and enable wd8387ff (Scott Jennings)
* Cleaned up and fixed some SC520 watchdog bugs (me)
| Scott - can you double check these
* Fix return on generic lib/string.c memcmp (Georg Nikodym)
* Further zoom video cleanups (me)

Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.18rc2
* Ignore i810 modem codecs (me)
o Core of address space accounting code (me)
| Enforcement, ptrace and some shmem corner bits to do
* Fix security hole in shmfs (me)
* Fix various bits of 64bit file I/O in shmem (me)
o Merge with rmap12f (Rik van Riel and co)

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac4
* SIS IDE driver update (handle with care) (Lionel Bouton)
* First set of I2O endian cleanups (me)
* Make i2o_pci.c 64bit/BE clean (me)
* Maybe fix crash on i2o scsi abort/reset paths (me)
* Make i2o use the passed scsi direction flag (me)
* Fix awk failure path in menuconfig (Andrew Church)
* Merge varies doc updates (Steven Cole)
* Add serial support for the Lava Octopus-550 (Jim Treadway)
* OPL3SA2 cleanup (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Add missing blkdev_varyio export (Todd Roy)
* Update Changes file, config and experimental (Niels Jensen)
checks
* Fix highmem warning in aacraid (Andrew Morton)
* Make tpqic02 use new style request region (Marcus Alanen)
* Only turn off mediagx/geode TSC on 5510/5520 (me)
| From information provided by Hiroshi MIURA
* Massively clean up the AGP enable and bugfix it (Bjorn Helgaas)
* Fix oops if you try to use the RW wq locks (Bob Miller)
* Remove FPU usage in neomagic fb (Denis Kropp)
* Merge IBM JFS (Steve Best, Dave Kleikamp,=20
Barry Arndt, Christoph Hellwig, ..)
* Updated sis frame buffer driver (Thomas Winischhofer)

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac3
* Clean up various macros and misuse of ; (Timothy Ball)
* Correct procfs locking fixup (Al Viro)
* Speed up ext2/ext3 synchronous mounts (Andrew Morton)
* Update IDE DMA blacklist (Jonathan Kamens)
* Update to XFree86 DRM 4.2 (compatible to 4.1) (Rik Faith,=20
and adds I830 DRM Jeff Hartmann,
Keith Whitwell,
Abraham vd Merwe
and others)
* IBM Lanstreamer updates (Mike Phillips)
* Fix acct rlimit problem (I hope) (me)
| Problem noted by Ian Allen
* Automatically set file limits based on mem size (Andi Kleen)
* Correct scsi reservation conflict handling (James Bottomley)
and add the scsi reset api code
* Add further kernel docs (me)
o Merge to rmap-12e (Rik van Riel and co)
|merge patch from Nick Orlov
* Small fix to the eata driver update (Dario Ballabio)

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac2
* Nat Semi now use their own ident on the Geode (Hiroshi Miura)
* Put #error in two files that need FPU fixups (me)
* Correct a specific mmap return to match posix (Christopher Yeoh)
* Add Eepro100/VE ident (Hanno Boeck)
* Add provides for DRM to the kernel make rpm (Alexander Hoogerhuis)
* Fix a problem where vm86 irq releasing could be (Stas Sergeev)
missed
* EATA and U14/34F driver updates (Dario Ballabio)
* Handle EMC storage arrays that report SCSI-2 (Kurt Garloff)
but want REPORT_LUNs
* Update README, defconfig, remove autogen files (Niels Jensen)
* Add AFAVLAB PCI serial support (Harald Welte)
* Fix incorrect resource free in eexpress (Gianluca Anzolin)
o Variable size rawio optimisations (Badari Pulavarty)
* Add AT's compatible 8139 cardbus chip (Go Taniguchi)
* Fix crash with newest hpt ide chips (Arjan van de Ven)
* Fix tiny SMP race in pid selection (Erik Hendriks)
o Hopefully fix pnpbios crash caused by early (me)
kernel_thread creation

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac1
o Initial merge of DVD card driver (Christian Wolff,Marcus Metzler)
| This is just an initial testing piece. DVB needs merging
| properly and this is only a first bit of testing
* Random number generator support for AMD768 (me)
* Add AMD768 to i810 driver pci ident list (me)
o Initial AMD768 power management work (me)
| Unfinished pending some docs clarifications
* Fix bugbuf mishandling for modular es1370 (me)
* Fix up i2o readl abuse, post_wait race, and (me, Arjan van de Ven)
some deadlock cases
* Added cpu_relax to yam driver (me)
* Fixup AMD762 if the BIOS apparently got it wrong(me)
(eg ASUS boards)
* MP1.4 alignment fixup
* pcwd cleanup, backport of fixes from 2.5 (Rob Radez)
* Add support for more Moxa cards to mxser (Damian Wrobel)
* Add remaining missing MODULE_LICENSE tags (Hubert Mantel)
* Fix floppy reservation ranges (Anton Altaparmakov)
* Fix max file size setup (Andi Kleen)

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac3
* Fix a wrong error return in the megaraid driver (Arjan van de Ven)
* FreeVXFS update (Christoph Hellwig)
* Qnxfs update (Anders Larsen)
o Fix non compile with PCI=3Dn (Adrian Bunk)
- Fix DRM 4.0 non compile in i810 (me)
* Drop out now dead CLONE thread/parent fixup (Dave McCracken)
* Make NetROM incoming frame check stricter (Tomi Manninen)
* Use sock_orphan in AX.25/NetROM (Jeroen PE1RXQ)
* Pegasus update (Petko Manolov)
o Make reparent_to_init and exec_usermodehelper (Andrew Morton)
use set_user, fix a tiny set_user SMP race
* Mark framebuffer mappings VM_IO (Andrew Morton)
* Neomagic frame buffer driver (Denis Kropp)
- Needs FPU code fixing before it can be merged
* Hyperthreading awareness for MTRR driver
* Correct NR_IRQ with no apic support (Brian Gerst)
* Fix missing includes in sound drivers (Michal Jaegermann)

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac2
* i810 audio driver update (Doug Ledford)
* Early ioremap for x86 specific code (Mikael Pettersson)
| This is needed to do things like apic/dmi detect early enough
* Pentium IV APIC/NMI watchdog (Mikael Pettersson)
* Add C1MRX support to sonypi driver (Junichi Morita)
* Fix "make rpm" with two '-' in extraversion (Gerald Britton)
* Fix aacraid hang/irq storm on i960 boards (Chris Pascoe)
* Fix isdn audio compiler behaviour dependancy (Urs Thuermann)
* YAM driver fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
* ROSE protocol stack update/fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
* Fix UFS/CDROM oops (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Fix nm256 hang on Dell Latitude (origin unknown)
| Please test this tree with other NM256 based boxes and check
| those still work...
o Merge PnPBIOS patch (Thomas Hood, David Hinds, Tom Lees,
Christian Schmidt, ..)
* Merge new sis frame buffer drivers (Thomas Winischhofer)
* cs46xx oops fix (Mike Gorse)
* Fix a second cs46xx bug related to this (me)
* Fix acpitable oopses on boot and other problems (James Cleverdon)
* Fix io port type on the hpt366 driver (Pete Popov)
* Updated matrox drivers (Petr Vandrovec)
* IPchains fixes needed for 2.4.18pre7
* IDE config text updates for the IDE patches (Anton Altaparmakov)
* Merge the first bits of ZV support (Marcus Metzler)
* Add initial ZV support to yenta socket driver (me)
for TI cards
* Fix pirq routing on the CS5530 (me)
| Finally the palmax pcmcia/cardbus works properly

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac1
- Merge with 2.4.18pre7 (Arjan van de Ven)
| + some quota fixups redone by me
| several 18pre7 netfilter bugs left unfixed for now
o Rmap-12a (Rik van Riel and co)

Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac2

* Re-merge the IDE patches (Andre Hedrick and co)
* Fix check/request region in ali_ircc and lowcomx(Steven Walter)
com90xx, sealevel, sb1000
* Remove unused message from 6pack driver (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix unused variable warning in i60scsi (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix off by one floppy oops (Keith Owens)
* Fix i2o_config use of undefined C (Andreas Dilger)
* Fix fdomain scsi oopses (Per Larsson)
* Fix sf16fmi hang on boot (me)
+ Add bridge resources to the resource tree (Ivan Kokshaysky)
* Fix iphase ATM oops on close in on case (Till Immanuel Patzschke)
* Enable OOSTORE on winchip processors (Dave Jones, me)
| Worth about 10-20% performance=20
* Code Page 1250 support (Petr Titera)
* Fix sdla and hpfs doc typos (Sven Vermeulen)
o Document /proc/stat (Sven Heinicke)
* Update cs4281 drivers (Tom Woller)
| Fixes xmms stutter, remove wrapper code
| handle tosh boxes, allow record device change
| trigger wakeups on ioctl triggered changes
+/o/X Fix locking of file struct stuff found by ibm (Dipankar Sarma)
audit
o Use spin_lock_init in serial.c (Dave Miller)
* Fix AF_UNIX shutdown bug (Dave Miller)

Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1

o 32bit uid quota
o rmap-11b VM (Rik van Riel,
William Irwin etc)
* Make scsi printer visible (Stefan Wieseckel)
* Report Hercules Fortissimo card (Minya Sorakinu)
* Fix O_NDELAY close mishandling on the following (me)
sound cards: cmpci, cs46xx, es1370, es1371,
esssolo1, sonicvibes
* tdfx pixclock handling fix (Jurriaan)
* Fix mishandling of file system size limiting (Andrea Arcangeli)
* generic_serial cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
o serial.c locking fixes for SMP - move from cli (Kees)
too
* Truncate fixes from old -ac tree (Andrew Morton)
* Hopefully fix the i2o oops (me)
| Not the right fix but it'll do till I rewrite this
* Fix non blocking tty blocking bug (Peter Benie)
o IRQ routing workaround for problem HP laptops (Cory Bell)
* Fix the rcpci driver (Pete Popov)
* Fix documentation of aedsp location (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix the worst of the APM ate my cpu problems (Andreas Steinmetz)
* Correct icmp documentation (Pierre Lombard)
* Multiple mxser crash on boot fix (Stephan von Krawczynski)
* ldm header fix (Anton Altaparmakov)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in i2c_proc (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in airo_cs (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in btaudio (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in qnx4/inode.c (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Disable DRM4.1 GMX2000 driver (4.0 required) (me)
* Fix sb16 lower speed limit bug (Jori Liesenborgs)
* Fix compilation of orinoco driver (Ben Herrenschmidt)
* ISAPnP init fix (Chris Rankin)
o Export release_console_sem (Andrew Morton)
* Output nat crash fix (Rusty Russell)
* Fix PLIP (Niels Jensen)
* Natsemi driver hang fix (Manfred Spraul)
* Add mono/stereo reporting to gemtek pci radio (Jonathan Hudson)
Adrian Bunk
2002-09-06 15:40:19 UTC
FYI:

while doing a "make oldconfig" I noticed that there are some new options
without a Configure.help entry:

CONFIG_X86_LONGHAUL_SCALE_VOLTAGE
CONFIG_SUMMIT
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_H2999
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD_BAILOUT
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_GENERIC
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NFORCE
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_OLD
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SIIMAGE
CONFIG_ALIM1535_WDT
CONFIG_AMD7XX_TCO
CONFIG_AMD_PM768
CONFIG_VIDEO_LS220
CONFIG_VIDEO_MARGI
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_VAIO_LCD
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19QW
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19QI
CONFIG_USB_LCD

cu
Adrian
--
You only think this is a free country. Like the US the UK spends a lot of
time explaining its a free country because its a police state.
Alan Cox
Steven Cole
2002-09-06 16:11:45 UTC
Post by Adrian Bunk
while doing a "make oldconfig" I noticed that there are some new options
CONFIG_X86_LONGHAUL_SCALE_VOLTAGE
CONFIG_SUMMIT
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_H2999
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD_BAILOUT
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_GENERIC
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NFORCE
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_OLD
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SIIMAGE
CONFIG_ALIM1535_WDT
CONFIG_AMD7XX_TCO
CONFIG_AMD_PM768
CONFIG_VIDEO_LS220
CONFIG_VIDEO_MARGI
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_VAIO_LCD
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19QW
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19QI
CONFIG_USB_LCD
For an even longer list, run the attached ach (Analyse Configure.help)
script. There are some false positives, but this may be a help to
someone. The list of options without help entries will be in
ach_no_help.

[***@spc9 linux-2.4.20-pre5-ac4]$ ach
Number of config options (total) : 2831
Number of config options (setable) : 2625
Number of config options (derived) : 210
Number of config options with help text (total) : 2451
Number of config options with help text (unique) : 2446
Number of config options with duplicated help text : 5
Number of config options without any help text : 304
Number of help entries without valid config options : 125

Steven
Hans-Peter Jansen
2002-09-06 18:40:16 UTC
Hi Alan,

in case, you didn't noticed already...

--- linux.20pre5/Makefile 2002-08-29 18:39:52.000000000 +0100
+++ linux.20pre5-ac4/Makefile 2002-09-05 15:10:59.000000000 +0100
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 4
SUBLEVEL = 20
-EXTRAVERSION = -pre5
+EXTRAVERSION = -pre5-ac3

I'm trying it now with my diskless setup (this way, I'm pretty
immune against ide probs :-). Using ide hd for v4l2 recording,
though. -pre5-ac1 had a ide-scsi (dvd) problem on VIA vt82c686a.

Cheers,
Hans-Peter
Hans-Peter Jansen
2002-09-07 21:28:27 UTC
Hi Alan, Andre, and friends,

this happens predictably on dvd mount via ide-scsi with 20-pre5-ac4:

udf: registering filesystem
UDF-fs DEBUG lowlevel.c:57:udf_get_last_session: XA disk: no, vol_desc_=
start=3D0
UDF-fs DEBUG super.c:1421:udf_read_super: Multi-session=3D0
UDF-fs DEBUG super.c:410:udf_vrs: Starting at sector 16 (2048 byte sect=
ors)
kernel BUG at /usr/src/linux/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[ide_build_sglist+73/384] Tainted: PF
EFLAGS: 00210206
eax: 0000005a ebx: effc9000 ecx: c02c73c0 edx: e9445140
esi: 00000000 edi: e9445140 ebp: e2e11ba0 esp: e2e11b80
ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Process mount (pid: 1440, stackpage=3De2e11000)
Stack: effc9000 c02c7470 e9445140 e4448e80 00000003 0000000d c02c7470 c=
19f6000
e2e11bcc c019c4a1 c02c73c0 e9445140 c02c73c0 c02c7470 e9445140 e=
f57c140
00000000 00000000 c02c73c0 e2e11bec c019c97a c02c7470 e9445140 c=
02c7470
Call Trace: [ide_build_dmatable+81/400] [__ide_dma_read+42/288]=B7
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-3023=
7/96]=20
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-2986=
2/96]=20
[start_request+389/480] [ide_do_request+597/672] [ide_do_drive_cmd+204/=
256]=20
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-2678=
4/96]=20
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-1006=
40/96]=20
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-1250=
27/96]=20
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-1000=
96/96]
[nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/kernel/fs/nfsd/+-9373=
1/96]=20
[<f29e9ee0>] [generic_unplug_device+34/48] [__run_task_queue+76/96]=20
[__wait_on_buffer+86/144] [bread+79/112] [<f29fa1b1>] [<f29f658f>] [<f2=
9f7b6e>]=20
[<f29f8446>] [<f29fccce>] [<f29fc459>] [<f29fc451>] [<f29fcca8>]=20
[get_sb_bdev+438/544] [<f29fd700>] [<f29fd700>] [alloc_vfsmnt+137/224]
[do_kern_mount+86/256] [<f29fd700>] [do_add_mount+102/336] [do_mount+31=
7/352]=20
[copy_mount_options+80/176] [sys_mount+124/192] [system_call+51/56]

Code: 0f 0b 99 00 a0 b8 22 c0 8b 45 08 c7 80 24 04 00 00 01 00 00

ide config:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=3Dy
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=3Dm
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD_BAILOUT=3Dy
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=3Dm
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=3Dy
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI=3Dy
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY=3Dm
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=3Dy
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=3Dm
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_MODES=3Dy
CONFIG_IDE=3Dy
CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=3Dy
CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE=3Dy
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=3Dy
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=3Dy
CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ=3Dy
CONFIG_IDE_TASKFILE_IO=3Dy
CONFIG_IDE_TASK_IOCTL=3Dy

general setup:

CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=3Dy
CONFIG_KMOD=3Dy
CONFIG_MICROCODE=3Dm
CONFIG_MK7=3Dy
CONFIG_MODULES=3Dy
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=3Dy
CONFIG_MTRR=3Dy
CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM=3Dy
CONFIG_RWSEM_XCHGADD_ALGORITHM=3Dy
CONFIG_UID16=3Dy
CONFIG_X86=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_BSWAP=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_CMPXCHG=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_CPUID=3Dm
CONFIG_X86_F00F_WORKS_OK=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_INVLPG=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT=3D6
CONFIG_X86_MCE=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_MSR=3Dm
CONFIG_X86_PGE=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_POPAD_OK=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_TSC=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_USE_3DNOW=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_USE_PPRO_CHECKSUM=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_WP_WORKS_OK=3Dy
CONFIG_X86_XADD=3Dy

dmesg:

<4>Kernel command line: rw root=3D/dev/nfs nfsroot=3D/netboot/%%s,v3=20
ip=3D172.16.24.108:172.16.24.102:172.16.24.1:255.255.255.0:=20
video=3Dmatrox:vesa:0x11b,k:200MHz,fh:93kHz,fv:150 hda=3Dide-scsi hd=
g=3Dide-scsi=20
<4>ide_setup: hda=3Dide-scsi
<4>ide_setup: hdg=3Dide-scsi

<6>Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
<4>ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with id=
ebus=3Dxx
<4>VP_IDE: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 21
<4>VP_IDE: chipset revision 16
<4>VP_IDE: not 100%% native mode: will probe irqs later
<6>VP_IDE: VIA vt82c686a (rev 22) IDE UDMA66 controller on pci00:04.1
<4> ide0: BM-DMA at 0xd800-0xd807, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:pio
<4> ide1: BM-DMA at 0xd808-0xd80f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:pio
<4>PDC20265: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 88
<6>PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:11.0
<6>PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:0b.0
<4>PDC20265: chipset revision 2
<4>PDC20265: not 100%% native mode: will probe irqs later
<4>PDC20265: (U)DMA Burst Bit ENABLED Primary PCI Mode Secondary PCI Mo=
de.
<4> ide2: BM-DMA at 0x8000-0x8007, BIOS settings: hde:DMA, hdf:pio
<4> ide3: BM-DMA at 0x8008-0x800f, BIOS settings: hdg:DMA, hdh:DMA
<4>hda: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1502, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
<4>hdc: IBM-DPTA-372050, ATA DISK drive
<4>hde: IBM-DTLA-307060, ATA DISK drive
<4>hdg: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1210A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
<4>ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
<4>ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
<4>ide2 at 0x9400-0x9407,0x9002 on irq 10
<4>ide3 at 0x8800-0x8807,0x8402 on irq 10

<6>SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
<6>scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
<4> Vendor: TOSHIBA Model: DVD-ROM SD-M1502 Rev: 1012
<4> Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
<4> Vendor: PLEXTOR Model: CD-R PX-W1210A Rev: 1.05
<4> Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
<6>hdc: 40088160 sectors (20525 MB) w/1961KiB Cache, CHS=3D39770/16/63,=
UDMA(66)
<6>hde: 120103200 sectors (61493 MB) w/1916KiB Cache, CHS=3D119150/16/6=
3, UDMA(100)
<6>Partition check:
<6> hdc: [PTBL] [2495/255/63] hdc1 hdc2 < hdc5 >
<6> hde: hde1

Anything missing? Just ask. 18-pre4 does that mount smoothly. Besides t=
his glitch,=20
20-pre5-ac4 "feels" a bit more interactively responsive..

Hans-Peter
Adrian Bunk
2002-09-07 21:42:54 UTC
Post by Hans-Peter Jansen
Hi Alan, Andre, and friends,
Hi Hans-Peter,
Post by Hans-Peter Jansen
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[ide_build_sglist+73/384] Tainted: PF
Anything missing? Just ask. 18-pre4 does that mount smoothly. Besides this glitch,
20-pre5-ac4 "feels" a bit more interactively responsive..
which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot? If it's still reproducible then please run the output through
ksymoops as described in Documentation/oops-tracing.txt.
Post by Hans-Peter Jansen
Hans-Peter
cu
Adrian
Alan Cox
Alexander Hoogerhuis
2002-09-08 11:01:21 UTC
Not sure I'm having the same, but having a DVD in my drive when I log
in to gnome (rawhide, running 2.4.20-pre5-ac4-preempt) it locks solid,
caps lock blinks steadily, and the disk light blinks two short bursts
and a long break). I'll give it a spin to build without preempt later
today to see if it persists. In addition, I got this BUG when trying
to use cdrecord on same kernel just now:

lapper:~$ ksymoops < oops.1
ksymoops 2.4.5 on i686 2.4.20-pre5-ac4-preempt. Options used
-V (default)
-k /proc/ksyms (default)
-l /proc/modules (default)
-o /lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac4-preempt/ (default)
-m /boot/System.map-2.4.20-pre5-ac4-preempt (default)

Warning: You did not tell me where to find symbol information. I will
assume that the log matches the kernel and modules that are running
right now and I'll use the default options above for symbol resolution.
If the current kernel and/or modules do not match the log, you can get
more accurate output by telling me the kernel version and where to find
map, modules, ksyms etc. ksymoops -h explains the options.

kernel BUG at /home/alexh/src/linux/linux-2.4-ac-new/include/linux/blkd=
ev.h:153!invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<c01f83e8>] Tainted: PF
Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-i386 -a i386
EFLAGS: 00010206
eax: 00000059 ebx: 00000000 ecx: ee73dc80 edx: 00000001
esi: c0331824 edi: 00000000 ebp: ee73dc80 esp: e2173b54
ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Process cdrecord (pid: 2380, stackpage=3De2173000)
Stack: c02d73fc c100000c e4a84200 c012f9e7 00000000 efdb8000 efdbb000 c=
0331824
00000000 ee73dc80 c01f873c c0331774 ee73dc80 c01e66ab 00000000 =
c0331774 c0331774 c0331824 ee73dc80 ee73dc80 c01f8e07 c0331824 e=
e73dc80 ef7b1780 Call Trace: [<c012f9e7>] [<c01f873c>] [<c01e66ab>] =
[<c01f8e07>] [<f0932af4>] [<c01ec6e1>] [<c01ec879>] [<c01ed050>] [<f09=
33727>] [<f091686a>] [<f091dde0>] [<f091db10>] [<f091fa56>] [<f091ee0c=
] [<f091eeb8>] [<f0916bcb>] [<f089e4a0>] [<f089d194>] [<f089e4a0>] [<=
f089cedb>] [<f089dd11>] [<f08a0d80>] [<f08a1134>] [<c01bbeeb>] [<c01b8=
350>] [<c01b769d>] [<c01b815f>] [<c012fb81>] [<c01b9981>] [<c01194b8>]=
[<c01b7e05>] [<c01b534d>] [<c01b9820>] [<c0154f28>] [<c01091a7>]Code: =
0f 0b 99 00 a0 5a 2b c0 ba ff ff ff ff 31 c0 85 d2 8b 74 24
EIP; c01f83e8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0> <=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
ecx; ee73dc80 <_end+2e405fc4/305233a4>
esi; c0331824 <ide_hwifs+524/2c88>
ebp; ee73dc80 <_end+2e405fc4/305233a4>
esp; e2173b54 <_end+21e3be98/305233a4>
Trace; c012f9e7 <do_no_page+e7/210>
Trace; c01f873c <ide_build_dmatable+4c/1a0>
Trace; c01e66ab <ata_output_data+fb/100>
Trace; c01f8e07 <__ide_dma_write+37/140>
Trace; f0932af4 <[ide-scsi]idescsi_issue_pc+74/210>
Trace; c01ec6e1 <start_request+1b1/230>
Trace; c01ec879 <ide_do_request+c9/1c0>
Trace; c01ed050 <ide_do_drive_cmd+c0/120>
Trace; f0933727 <[ide-scsi]idescsi_queue+1b7/2e0>
Trace; f091686a <[scsi_mod]scsi_dispatch_cmd+25a/420>
Trace; f091dde0 <[scsi_mod]scsi_old_done+0/670>
Trace; f091db10 <[scsi_mod]scsi_old_times_out+0/160>
Trace; f091fa56 <[scsi_mod]scsi_request_fn+1c6/3b0>
Trace; f091ee0c <[scsi_mod]__scsi_insert_special+5c/a0>
Trace; f091eeb8 <[scsi_mod]scsi_insert_special_req+28/30>
Trace; f0916bcb <[scsi_mod]scsi_do_req+eb/1d0>
Trace; f089e4a0 <[sg]sg_cmd_done_bh+0/440>
Trace; f089d194 <[sg]sg_common_write+1f4/280>
Trace; f089e4a0 <[sg]sg_cmd_done_bh+0/440>
Trace; f089cedb <[sg]sg_new_write+1eb/2b0>
Trace; f089dd11 <[sg]sg_ioctl+af1/d00>
Trace; f08a0d80 <[sg]sg_low_malloc+90/300>
Trace; f08a1134 <[sg]sg_malloc+144/1d0>
Trace; c01bbeeb <pty_write+14b/150>
Trace; c01b8350 <opost_block+e0/180>
Trace; c01b769d <tty_default_put_char+2d/40>
Trace; c01b815f <opost+9f/1b0>
Trace; c012fb81 <handle_mm_fault+71/d0>
Trace; c01b9981 <write_chan+161/220>
Trace; c01194b8 <do_page_fault+138/4bf>
Trace; c01b7e05 <do_tty_write+155/202>
Trace; c01b534d <tty_write+fd/130>
Trace; c01b9820 <write_chan+0/220>
Trace; c0154f28 <sys_ioctl+f8/290>
Trace; c01091a7 <system_call+33/38>

Code; c01f83e8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0>
00000000 <_EIP>:
Code; c01f83e8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0> <=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
0: 0f 0b ud2a <=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Code; c01f83ea <ide_build_sglist+4a/1d0>
2: 99 cltd
Code; c01f83eb <ide_build_sglist+4b/1d0>
3: 00 a0 5a 2b c0 ba add %ah,0xbac02b5a(%eax)
Code; c01f83f1 <ide_build_sglist+51/1d0>
9: ff (bad)
Code; c01f83f2 <ide_build_sglist+52/1d0>
a: ff (bad)
Code; c01f83f3 <ide_build_sglist+53/1d0>
b: ff (bad)
Code; c01f83f4 <ide_build_sglist+54/1d0>
c: ff 31 pushl (%ecx)
Code; c01f83f6 <ide_build_sglist+56/1d0>
e: c0 85 d2 8b 74 24 00 rolb $0x0,0x24748bd2(%ebp)

ttfn,
Hi Alan, Andre, and friends,
=20
=20
]
[...]
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kerne=
l" in
--=20
Alexander Hoogerhuis | ***@ihatent.com
CCNP - CCDP - MCNE - CCSE | +47 908 21 485
"You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it." --Scott McNealy
Adrian Bunk
Alan Cox
Alexander Hoogerhuis
2002-09-08 11:14:54 UTC
Post by Adrian Bunk
Post by Hans-Peter Jansen
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<c01f83e8>] Tainted: PF
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot?
Post by Hans-Peter Jansen
ttfn,
Ops, completely forgot that, vmware 3.1.1, I'll get it built without
preempt and no vmware and see if it still blows up :) my bad :)

mvh,
Hans-Peter Jansen
2002-09-08 12:32:53 UTC
Post by Alexander Hoogerhuis
Post by Hans-Peter Jansen
ttfn,
Ops, completely forgot that, vmware 3.1.1, I'll get it built without
preempt and no vmware and see if it still blows up :) my bad :)
Ahh, I see. vmware tainted the kernel. Will retry without later today.
Post by Alexander Hoogerhuis
mvh,
Sorry guys,
hp
Alan Cox
2002-09-08 12:55:17 UTC
Post by Adrian Bunk
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot?
I've seen this trace without nvidia etc loaded too. Right now the problem
I have is that I can't duplicate it. If my box would jut blow up the same
way all would be well 8)

What compilers are being used by the folks who see the problem ?
Hans-Peter Jansen
2002-09-08 13:36:57 UTC
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot?
I've seen this trace without nvidia etc loaded too. Right now the problem
I have is that I can't duplicate it. If my box would jut blow up the same
way all would be well 8)
just for reference, here's mine untainted:

ksymoops 2.4.6 on i686 2.4.20-pre5-ac4. Options used
-V (default)
-k /proc/ksyms (default)
-l /proc/modules (default)
-o /lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac4/ (default)
-m /boot/System.map (specified)

Warning (compare_maps): ksyms_base symbol
DAC1064_global_init_R__ver_DAC1064_global_init not found in System.map.
Ignoring ksyms_base entry
Warning (compare_maps): ksyms_base symbol
DAC1064_global_restore_R__ver_DAC1064_global_restore not found in System.map.
Ignoring ksyms_base entry
Warning (compare_maps): ksyms_base symbol matrox_G100_R__ver_matrox_G100 not
found in System.map. Ignoring ksyms_base entry
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: kernel BUG at
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: invalid operand: 0000
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: CPU: 0
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: EIP: 0010:[ide_build_sglist+73/384] Not
tainted
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: EFLAGS: 00010206
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: eax: 0000005a ebx: effc9000 ecx: c02c73c0
edx: eaf1aec0
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: esi: 00000000 edi: eaf1aec0 ebp: e04dbba0
esp: e04dbb80
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: Process mount (pid: 1229, stackpage=e04db000)
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: Stack: effc9000 c02c7470 eaf1aec0 e23b1280
00000003 0000000d c02c7470 c19f6000
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: e04dbbcc c019c4a1 c02c73c0 eaf1aec0
c02c73c0 c02c7470 eaf1aec0 ef57d140
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: 00000000 00000000 c02c73c0 e04dbbec
c019c97a c02c7470 eaf1aec0 c02c7470
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: Call Trace: [ide_build_dmatable+81/400]
[__ide_dma_read+42/288] [nfsd:__insmod_nfsd_O/lib/m
Warning (Oops_read): Code line not seen, dumping what data is available
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
ebx; effc9000 <_end+2fcf46a4/325316a4>
ecx; c02c73c0 <ide_hwifs+0/2c88>
edx; eaf1aec0 <_end+2ac46564/325316a4>
edi; eaf1aec0 <_end+2ac46564/325316a4>
ebp; e04dbba0 <_end+20207244/325316a4>
esp; e04dbb80 <_end+20207224/325316a4>
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: [<f29ea1b1>] [<f29e658f>] [<f29e7b6e>]
[<f29e8446>] [<f29eccce>] [<f29ec459>]
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: [<f29ec451>] [<f29ecca8>] [get_sb_bdev+438/544]
[<f29ed700>] [<f29ed700>] [alloc_vfsmnt+137/
Sep 8 15:05:45 elfe kernel: Code: 0f 0b 99 00 a0 b8 22 c0 8b 45 08 c7 80 24
04 00 00 01 00 00
Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-i386 -a i386

Trace; f29ea1b1 <END_OF_CODE+c1da/????>
Trace; f29e658f <END_OF_CODE+85b8/????>
Trace; f29e7b6e <END_OF_CODE+9b97/????>
Trace; f29e8446 <END_OF_CODE+a46f/????>
Trace; f29eccce <END_OF_CODE+ecf7/????>
Trace; f29ec459 <END_OF_CODE+e482/????>
Trace; f29ec451 <END_OF_CODE+e47a/????>
Trace; f29ecca8 <END_OF_CODE+ecd1/????>

Code; 00000000 Before first symbol
00000000 <_EIP>:
Code; 00000000 Before first symbol
0: 0f 0b ud2a
Code; 00000002 Before first symbol
2: 99 cltd
Code; 00000003 Before first symbol
3: 00 a0 b8 22 c0 8b add %ah,0x8bc022b8(%eax)
Code; 00000009 Before first symbol
9: 45 inc %ebp
Code; 0000000a Before first symbol
a: 08 c7 or %al,%bh
Code; 0000000c Before first symbol
c: 80 24 04 00 andb $0x0,(%esp,%eax,1)
Code; 00000010 Before first symbol
10: 00 01 add %al,(%ecx)

4 warnings issued. Results may not be reliable.
Post by Alan Cox
What compilers are being used by the folks who see the problem ?
Linux elfe 2.4.20-pre5-ac4 #4 Sam Sep 7 20:49:05 CEST 2002 i686 unknown

Gnu C 2.95.3
Gnu make 3.79.2a1
binutils 2.11.90.0.29
util-linux 2.11i
mount 2.11b
modutils 2.4.20
e2fsprogs 1.19
reiserfsprogs 3.x.1b
PPP 2.4.1
isdn4k-utils 3.1pre2
Linux C Library Nov 2001 /lib/libc.so.6
Dynamic linker (ldd) 2.2.4
Procps 2.0.7
Net-tools 1.60
Kbd 1.04
Sh-utils 2.0
Modules Loaded sr_mod cdrom snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss tuner tvaudio
msp3400 bttv i2c-algo-bit videodev printer scanner usb-uhci usbcore
nls_iso8859-1 isofs zlib_inflate w83781d i2c-proc i2c-viapro i2c-core autofs
serial isa-pnp parport_pc lp parport snd-seq-midi snd-seq-oss
snd-synth-emu10k1 snd-synth-emux snd-seq-midi-emul snd-seq-virmidi
snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-card-emu10k1 snd-emu10k1 snd-rawmidi snd-pcm
snd-timer snd-util-mem snd-ac97-codec snd-hwdep snd-seq-device snd soundcore
nfsd ide-disk ide-scsi scsi_mod agpgart

glibc is a 2.2.4, base is a SuSE 7.3.

Rest of my former oops report still applies.

Let me hear, if I can do something more.

Hans-Peter
Zwane Mwaikambo
2002-09-08 15:12:53 UTC
... but badly munged ;)

check out ksymoops(8)

Zwane
function.linuxpower.ca
Alexander Hoogerhuis
2002-09-08 15:23:01 UTC
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is th=
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ sinc=
e the
last reboot?
=20
I've seen this trace without nvidia etc loaded too. Right now the pro=
blem
I have is that I can't duplicate it. If my box would jut blow up the =
same
way all would be well 8)
=20
What compilers are being used by the folks who see the problem ?
Bog standard (sic) rawhide, so here we go (still havent rebooted to
the untainted kernel yet):

Linux lapper 2.4.20-pre5-ac4-preempt #1 l=F8r sep 7 22:39:23 CEST 2002 =
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
=20
Gnu C 3.2
Gnu make 3.79.1
util-linux 2.11r
mount 2.11r
modutils 2.4.18
e2fsprogs 1.27
jfsutils 1.0.17
reiserfsprogs 3.6.2
pcmcia-cs 3.1.31
PPP 2.4.1
isdn4k-utils 3.1pre4
Linux C Library 2.2.90
Dynamic linker (ldd) 2.2.90
Procps 2.0.7
Net-tools 1.60
Kbd 67:
Sh-utils 2.0.12
Modules Loaded sg autofs4 vmnet parport_pc parport vmmon nsc-ir=
cc irda ipchains ide-scsi scsi_mod hci_usb bluez bluetooth nls_iso8859-=
1 ntfs i810_audio soundcore ac97_codec mousedev keybdev hid input ehci-=
hcd usb-ohci usbcore unix

ttfn,
Alan Cox
2002-09-08 17:10:50 UTC
Post by Alexander Hoogerhuis
Bog standard (sic) rawhide, so here we go (still havent rebooted to
Ok same compiler. So its something on the ide-cd/ide-scsi side I don't
trip. Curiouser and curiouser
Rudmer van Dijk
2002-09-08 18:02:52 UTC
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Alexander Hoogerhuis
Bog standard (sic) rawhide, so here we go (still havent rebooted to
Ok same compiler. So its something on the ide-cd/ide-scsi side I don't
trip. Curiouser and curiouser
it happened to me, different compiler different system, different cause

after loading (using modprobe) sr_mod, ide-scsi and sg in that order I tried
to mount a cdrom but this resulted in a Segmentation Fault and a kernel oops.

Oops and system info below

Rudmer

ksymoops 2.4.3 on i686 2.4.20-pre5-ac3. Options used
-V (default)
-K (specified)
-L (specified)
-o /lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac3/ (default)
-m /boot/System.map (specified)

No modules in ksyms, skipping objects
kernel BUG at
/home/rudmer/src/kernel/linux-2.4.20-pre5-ac4/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[ide_build_sglist+76/400] Not tainted
EFLAGS: 00010206
eax: 0000005a ebx: c1363000 ecx: c02e04d4 edx: c9823840
esi: 00000000 edi: c9823840 ebp: c9820800 esp: c7aa7c34
ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Process mount (pid: 499, stackpage=c7aa7000)
Stack: c1363000 c02e0584 c9823840 c9820800 d1b75a9d c02e0584 000000a0 c1360000
c01c889b c02e04d4 c9823840 c02e04d4 c02e0584 c9823840 c9820800 00000000
00000000 c02e04d4 c01c8d69 c02e0584 c9823840 c02e0584 c02e0584 c869e840
Call Trace: [<d1b75a9d>] [ide_build_dmatable+91/416]
[__ide_dma_read+41/288] [<d1b75963>] [<d1b75acb>]
[<d1b666b0>] [<d1b67ed1>] [<d1b73400>] [generic_unplug_device+32/48]
[__run_task_queue+76/96] [__wait_on_buffer+86/144]
[<d1b940a8>] [do_add_mount+105/320] [do_mount+338/368]
[copy_mount_options+77/160] [sys_mount+132/208] [system_call+51/56]
Code: 0f 0b 99 00 e0 75 24 c0 8b 44 24 24 c7 80 24 04 00 00 01 00
Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-i386 -a i386

Trace; d1b75a9c <END_OF_CODE+1188fcc8/????>
Trace; d1b666b0 <END_OF_CODE+118808dc/????>
Trace; d1b67ed0 <END_OF_CODE+118820fc/????>
Trace; d1b73400 <END_OF_CODE+1188d62c/????>
Trace; d1b940a8 <END_OF_CODE+118ae2d4/????>
00000000 <_EIP>:
Code; 00000000 Before first symbol
0: 0f 0b ud2a
Code; 00000002 Before first symbol
2: 99 cltd
Code; 00000002 Before first symbol
3: 00 e0 add %ah,%al
Code; 00000004 Before first symbol
5: 75 24 jne 2b <_EIP+0x2b> 0000002a Before first
symbol
Code; 00000006 Before first symbol
7: c0 8b 44 24 24 c7 80 rorb $0x80,0xc7242444(%ebx)
Code; 0000000e Before first symbol
e: 24 04 and $0x4,%al
Code; 00000010 Before first symbol
10: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
Code; 00000012 Before first symbol
12: 01 00 add %eax,(%eax)

ver_linux:
If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

Linux gandalf 2.4.20-pre5-ac3 #1 Sun Sep 8 15:42:17 CEST 2002 i686 unknown

Gnu C 2.95.3
Gnu make 3.79.1
util-linux 2.11q
mount 2.11q
modutils 2.4.16
e2fsprogs 1.27
reiserfsprogs 3.x.1b
Linux C Library 2.2.5
Dynamic linker (ldd) 2.2.5
Procps 2.0.7
Net-tools 1.60
Kbd 1.06
Sh-utils 2.0
Modules Loaded

output after loading scsi modules:
Vendor: IOMEGA Model: ZIP 100 Rev: 23.D
Vendor: HL-DT-ST Model: CD-RW GCE-8240B Rev: 1.06
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

relevant part of dmesg:
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
SIS5513: IDE controller at PCI slot 00:02.5
SIS5513: chipset revision 208
SIS5513: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
SiS735 ATA 100 controller
ide0: BM-DMA at 0xff00-0xff07, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
ide1: BM-DMA at 0xff08-0xff0f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
hda: QUANTUM FIREBALLP AS20.5, ATA DISK drive
blk: queue c02e0120, I/O limit 4095Mb (mask 0xffffffff)
hdc: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI, ATAPI FLOPPY drive
hdd: DMA disabled
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
hda: host protected area => 1
hda: 40132503 sectors (20548 MB) w/1902KiB Cache, CHS=2498/255/63, UDMA(100)
Partition check:
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: p1 p2 p3 p4 < p5 p6 p7 p8 >

lspci:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]: Unknown device 0735
(rev 01)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5591/5592 AGP
00:02.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 85C503/5513
00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE] (rev d0)
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Winbond Electronics Corp W89C940
00:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)
00:11.0 Ethernet controller: Winbond Electronics Corp W89C940
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G200 AGP (rev 01)
Alexander Hoogerhuis
2002-09-08 17:03:55 UTC
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot?
I've seen this trace without nvidia etc loaded too. Right now the problem
I have is that I can't duplicate it. If my box would jut blow up the same
way all would be well 8)
What compilers are being used by the folks who see the problem ?
Here we go, 2.4.20-pre-ac4, same crash, this time there's no vmware
and no preempt:

lapper:~$ ksymoops < oops.2 itten
ksymoops 2.4.5 on i686 2.4.20-pre5-ac4. Options used
-V (default)
-k /proc/ksyms (default)
-l /proc/modules (default)
-o /lib/modules/2.4.20-pre5-ac4/ (default)
-m /boot/System.map-2.4.20-pre5-ac4 (default)

Warning: You did not tell me where to find symbol information. I will
assume that the log matches the kernel and modules that are running
right now and I'll use the default options above for symbol resolution.
If the current kernel and/or modules do not match the log, you can get
more accurate output by telling me the kernel version and where to find
map, modules, ksyms etc. ksymoops -h explains the options.

kernel BUG at /home/alexh/src/linux/linux/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<c01ec1d8>] Not tainted
Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-i386 -a i386
EFLAGS: 00010206
eax: 00000059 ebx: 00000000 ecx: e5adf680 edx: 00000001
esi: c031d824 edi: 00000000 ebp: e5adf680 esp: ea3cdb5c
ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Process cdrecord (pid: 1880, stackpage=ea3cd000)
Stack: 00000001 00000046 c02f7380 c02ef900 00000000 efdb8000 efdbb000 c031d824
00000000 e5adf680 c01ec52c c031d774 e5adf680 c01da93b 00000000 c031d774
c031d774 c031d824 e5adf680 e5adf680 c01ecbf7 c031d824 e5adf680 e813aa80
Call Trace: [<c01ec52c>] [<c01da93b>] [<c01ecbf7>] [<f092eab4>] [<c01e0801>]
[<c01e097b>] [<c01e1040>] [<f092f6d1>] [<f09127a4>] [<f09198b0>] [<f0919620>]
[<f091b3ee>] [<f091a828>] [<f091a8b8>] [<f0912aab>] [<f4d45320>] [<f4d44134>]
[<f4d45320>] [<f4d43e7b>] [<f4d44c00>] [<c0138a05>] [<c013bd3d>] [<c01b0f5b>]
[<c01ad3f0>] [<c01ac8dd>] [<c01ad1ff>] [<c01ae9a1>] [<c01acf6b>] [<c01aa72d>]
[<c01ae840>] [<c014e9a3>] [<c0108fef>]
Code: 0f 0b 99 00 20 11 2a c0 ba ff ff ff ff 31 c0 85 d2 8b 74 24
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
EIP; c01ec1d8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0> <=====
ecx; e5adf680 <_end+257bb9c4/305373a4>
esi; c031d824 <ide_hwifs+524/2c88>
ebp; e5adf680 <_end+257bb9c4/305373a4>
esp; ea3cdb5c <_end+2a0a9ea0/305373a4>
Trace; c01ec52c <ide_build_dmatable+4c/1a0>
Trace; c01da93b <ata_output_data+fb/100>
Trace; c01ecbf7 <__ide_dma_write+37/140>
Trace; f092eab4 <[ide-scsi]idescsi_issue_pc+74/210>
Trace; c01e0801 <start_request+1b1/230>
Trace; c01e097b <ide_do_request+ab/1a0>
Trace; c01e1040 <ide_do_drive_cmd+b0/100>
Trace; f092f6d1 <[ide-scsi]idescsi_queue+1a1/2c0>
Trace; f09127a4 <[scsi_mod]scsi_dispatch_cmd+204/370>
Trace; f09198b0 <[scsi_mod]scsi_old_done+0/640>
Trace; f0919620 <[scsi_mod]scsi_old_times_out+0/140>
Trace; f091b3ee <[scsi_mod]scsi_request_fn+19e/360>
Trace; f091a828 <[scsi_mod]__scsi_insert_special+58/80>
Trace; f091a8b8 <[scsi_mod]scsi_insert_special_req+28/30>
Trace; f0912aab <[scsi_mod]scsi_do_req+eb/1d0>
Trace; f4d45320 <[sg]sg_cmd_done_bh+0/360>
Trace; f4d44134 <[sg]sg_common_write+1f4/280>
Trace; f4d45320 <[sg]sg_cmd_done_bh+0/360>
Trace; f4d43e7b <[sg]sg_new_write+1eb/2b0>
Trace; f4d44c00 <[sg]sg_ioctl+a40/c10>
Trace; c0138a05 <__get_free_pages+45/50>
Trace; c013bd3d <shmem_getpage_locked+2ed/310>
Trace; c01b0f5b <pty_write+14b/150>
Trace; c01ad3f0 <opost_block+e0/180>
Trace; c01ac8dd <tty_default_put_char+2d/40>
Trace; c01ad1ff <opost+9f/1b0>
Trace; c01ae9a1 <write_chan+161/220>
Trace; c01acf6b <do_tty_write+db/134>
Trace; c01aa72d <tty_write+fd/130>
Trace; c01ae840 <write_chan+0/220>
Trace; c014e9a3 <sys_ioctl+c3/240>
Trace; c0108fef <system_call+33/38>

Code; c01ec1d8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0>
00000000 <_EIP>:
Code; c01ec1d8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0> <=====
0: 0f 0b ud2a <=====
Code; c01ec1da <ide_build_sglist+4a/1d0>
2: 99 cltd
Code; c01ec1db <ide_build_sglist+4b/1d0>
3: 00 20 add %ah,(%eax)
Code; c01ec1dd <ide_build_sglist+4d/1d0>
5: 11 2a adc %ebp,(%edx)
Code; c01ec1df <ide_build_sglist+4f/1d0>
7: c0 ba ff ff ff ff 31 sarb $0x31,0xffffffff(%edx)
Code; c01ec1e6 <ide_build_sglist+56/1d0>
e: c0 85 d2 8b 74 24 00 rolb $0x0,0x24748bd2(%ebp)

1 warning issued. Results may not be reliable.
lapper:~$
Alexander Hoogerhuis
2002-09-16 22:12:51 UTC
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot?
I've seen this trace without nvidia etc loaded too. Right now the problem
I have is that I can't duplicate it. If my box would jut blow up the same
way all would be well 8)
What compilers are being used by the folks who see the problem ?
Back on the same track again, I've managed to get a oops dump from the
DVD related oops I was having:

Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: kernel BUG at /home/alexh/src/linux/linux-2.4-ac-new/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: invalid operand: 0000
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: CPU: 0
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: EIP: 0010:[<c01f83e8>] Tainted: PF
Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-i386 -a i386
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: EFLAGS: 00010206
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: eax: 00000059 ebx: 00000000 ecx: eda6ea80 edx: 00000001
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: esi: c0331824 edi: 00000000 ebp: eda6ea80 esp: e769bb58
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: Process mount (pid: 2217, stackpage=e769b000)
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: Stack: e769bb58 e769bb58 c01ecf73 e7fba780 00000000 efdb8000 efdbb000 c0331824
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: 00000000 eda6ea80 c01f873c c0331774 eda6ea80 c0331824 00000000 c0331774
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: c0331774 c0331824 eda6ea80 eda6ea80 c01f8cc7 c0331824 eda6ea80 e9b9b33a
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: Call Trace: [<c01ecf73>] [<c01f873c>] [<c01f8cc7>] [<f0932c81>] [<c01ec6e1>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: [<c01ec879>] [<c01ed050>] [<c01ecf73>] [<f0933727>] [<f091686a>] [<f091dde0>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: [<f091db10>] [<f091fa56>] [<f4d57620>] [<c01cba06>] [<c012387a>] [<c0145ccc>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: [<c01471dc>] [<f4d6bc01>] [<f4d66dfb>] [<f4d6dfdd>] [<c011e3b8>] [<f4d689b0>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: [<f4d693b2>] [<f4d6e19b>] [<f091a3e1>] [<f4d53100>] [<c01fffff>] [<c014bf78>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: [<c014ab0d>] [<f4d70c60>] [<c014aed1>] [<f4d70c60>] [<c015fe23>] [<c0160150>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: [<c015ff99>] [<c016053f>] [<c01091a7>]
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: Code: 0f 0b 99 00 a0 5a 2b c0 ba ff ff ff ff 31 c0 85 d2 8b 74 24
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
EIP; c01f83e8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0> <=====
ecx; eda6ea80 <_end+2d736dc4/305233a4>
esi; c0331824 <ide_hwifs+524/2c88>
ebp; eda6ea80 <_end+2d736dc4/305233a4>
esp; e769bb58 <_end+27363e9c/305233a4>
Trace; c01ecf73 <ide_init_drive_cmd+23/40>
Trace; c01f873c <ide_build_dmatable+4c/1a0>
Trace; c01f8cc7 <__ide_dma_read+37/140>
Trace; f0932c81 <[ide-scsi]idescsi_issue_pc+201/210>
Trace; c01ec6e1 <start_request+1b1/230>
Trace; c01ec879 <ide_do_request+c9/1c0>
Trace; c01ed050 <ide_do_drive_cmd+c0/120>
Trace; c01ecf73 <ide_init_drive_cmd+23/40>
Trace; f0933727 <[ide-scsi]idescsi_queue+1b7/2e0>
Trace; f091686a <[scsi_mod]scsi_dispatch_cmd+25a/420>
Trace; f091dde0 <[scsi_mod]scsi_old_done+0/670>
Trace; f091db10 <[scsi_mod]scsi_old_times_out+0/160>
Trace; f091fa56 <[scsi_mod]scsi_request_fn+1c6/3b0>
Trace; f4d57620 <[sr_mod]sr_template+0/0>
Trace; c01cba06 <generic_unplug_device+56/60>
Trace; c012387a <__run_task_queue+6a/80>
Trace; c0145ccc <__wait_on_buffer+9c/a0>
Trace; c01471dc <bread+8c/a0>
Trace; f4d6bc01 <[udf]udf_tread+41/60>
Trace; f4d66dfb <[udf]udf_vrs+db/3c0>
Trace; f4d6dfdd <[udf].rodata.end+456/4fe>
Trace; c011e3b8 <printk+118/180>
Trace; f4d689b0 <[udf]udf_check_valid+60/c0>
Trace; f4d693b2 <[udf]udf_read_super+1c2/760>
Trace; f4d6e19b <[udf].LC6+116/2a1b>
Trace; f091a3e1 <[scsi_mod]scsi_ioctl+101/3e0>
Trace; f4d53100 <[sr_mod]sr_release+a0/c0>
Trace; c01fffff <cdrom_switch_blocksize+4f/b0>
Trace; c014bf78 <check_disk_change+48/90>
Trace; c014ab0d <get_sb_bdev+18d/280>
Trace; f4d70c60 <[udf]udf_fstype+0/20>
Trace; c014aed1 <do_kern_mount+121/140>
Trace; f4d70c60 <[udf]udf_fstype+0/20>
Trace; c015fe23 <do_add_mount+93/190>
Trace; c0160150 <do_mount+160/1b0>
Trace; c015ff99 <copy_mount_options+79/d0>
Trace; c016053f <sys_mount+cf/140>

00000000 <_EIP>:
Code; c01f83e8 <ide_build_sglist+48/1d0> <=====
0: 0f 0b ud2a <=====
Code; c01f83ea <ide_build_sglist+4a/1d0>
2: 99 cltd
Code; c01f83eb <ide_build_sglist+4b/1d0>
3: 00 a0 5a 2b c0 ba add %ah,0xbac02b5a(%eax)
Code; c01f83f1 <ide_build_sglist+51/1d0>
9: ff (bad)
Code; c01f83f2 <ide_build_sglist+52/1d0>
a: ff (bad)
Code; c01f83f3 <ide_build_sglist+53/1d0>
b: ff (bad)
Code; c01f83f4 <ide_build_sglist+54/1d0>
c: ff 31 pushl (%ecx)
Code; c01f83f6 <ide_build_sglist+56/1d0>
e: c0 85 d2 8b 74 24 00 rolb $0x0,0x24748bd2(%ebp)

I'll try and see if I can get the same dump out of an untainted kernel
(non-vmware) and also while not using preempt. The same crash DOES
happen on same version less vmware and preempt as well.

Usually it would crash if I had a DVD in while logging into gnome2
(rawhide, everything up to date), but if I mount it manually after
logging in I can now catch the oops from dmesg/syslog.

More info:
Jens Axboe
2002-09-17 07:29:13 UTC
Post by Alan Cox
Post by Adrian Bunk
Which non-free modues (NVidia?) were loaded on your computer? Is the
problem reproducible without any non-free module loaded _ever_ since the
last reboot?
I've seen this trace without nvidia etc loaded too. Right now the problem
I have is that I can't duplicate it. If my box would jut blow up the same
way all would be well 8)
What compilers are being used by the folks who see the problem ?
Back on the same track again, I've managed to get a oops dump from the
Sep 17 00:03:33 lapper kernel: kernel BUG at /home/alexh/src/linux/linux-2.4-ac-new/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
this one I fixed, and fix should be in later -ac
Jens Axboe
Scott Henson
2002-09-09 14:40:35 UTC
Post by Alexander Hoogerhuis
Not sure I'm having the same, but having a DVD in my drive when I log
in to gnome (rawhide, running 2.4.20-pre5-ac4-preempt) it locks solid,
caps lock blinks steadily, and the disk light blinks two short bursts
and a long break). I'll give it a spin to build without preempt later
today to see if it persists. In addition, I got this BUG when trying
I would just like to add a me to. At least this happened with out fail
with 2.4.20-pre5-ac{1,2}. I never tested 3 on this machine. But now I
am running ac4 and it seems to be working fine, until I try to use the
cd-rw at all, then it locks the in the D state and leaving the terminal
I was running it on in the R state. Also my cd-rw drive is locked and
will not open. All I can find in my logs is an error message:

kernel BUG at /usr/src/linux-2.4.19/include/linux/blkdev.h:153!
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<c0234b15>] Not tainted
EFLAGS: 00010206
eax: 0000005a ebx: c1852000 ecx: c0412600 edx: e7070820
esi: 00000000 edi: e7070820 ebp: e7070800 esp: e2cdbc30
ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
Process mount (pid: 900, stackpage=e2cdb000)
Stack: c1852000 c04127ec e7070820 e7070800 000001f4 c024a9f3 c04127ec
c1850000
c0234deb c0412600 e7070820 c0412600 c04127ec e7070820 e7070800
00000000
00000000 c0412600 c0235279 c04127ec e7070820 c04127ec c04127ec
e71cfd20
Call Trace: [<c024a9f3>] [<c0234deb>] [<c0235279>] [<c024a8bf>]
[<c024aa17>]
[<c022b922>] [<c022bc1c>] [<c022c1ca>] [<c023e500>] [<c024b556>]
[<c02396df>]
[<c023e500>] [<c023fcb1>] [<c0204154>] [<c011aadc>] [<c01353ac>]
[<c0136151>]
[<c0171b9e>] [<c0138dea>] [<c0147756>] [<c0138f9d>] [<c01485a9>]
[<c0148862>]
[<c01486c4>] [<c0148be4>] [<c0108487>]

Code: 0f 0b 99 00 80 59 33 c0 8b 44 24 24 c7 80 24 04 00 00 01 00
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 17, scsi0, channel 0, id
0, lun 0 Read (10) 00 00 00 00 10 00 00 01 00
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 17, scsi0, channel 0, id 0,
lun 0 Read (10) 00 00 00 00 10 00 00 01 00
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 17) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
hdb: DMA disabled
hdb: ATAPI reset complete

I have hdb=scsi passed to my kernel at boot. I still have both of the
pre5-ac{1,2} kernels laying around if someone would like any work done
on them(I just didnt have anytime to be messing with them when I
originally compiled them). Also under aci and ac2 I passed hdb=ide-scsi
but I changed that after seeing a recommendation to on the list to
hdb=scsi when I compiled and installed ac4.

00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C693A/694x [Apollo
PRO133x] (rev c4)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C598/694x [Apollo
MVP3/Pro133x AGP]
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South]
(rev 40)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 16)
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 16)
00:07.4 Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev
40)
00:09.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado]
(rev 30)
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8029(AS)
00:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev
10)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon VE QY