Siemens CP1616 and DK16xx PN IO
Peter Fodrek
2012-04-17 10:18:35 UTC
Dear Dr. Kizska and other Siemens Linux experts,

We are to start Linux and Profinet/Profibus based project
at the Slovak University of Technology.

Other department members are active insiders
of the Profibus/Profinet consortium but our
software department are not. We are only
department interested into Linux project using
Siemens products.

We were been delivered DK16xx PN IO
from year of 2008. We were found some
discussion about IWLAN inside upstream
Linux kernel as well.

I would like to ask you if it Is possible to
get information about support
of CP1616 adapter inside upstream kernel?

Is it possible to get newer version of the
DK16xx PN IO via electronic way
of delivery,please?

I look forward hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Peter Fodrek
Jan Kiszka
2012-04-17 11:46:49 UTC
Post by Peter Fodrek
Dear Dr. Kizska and other Siemens Linux experts,
We are to start Linux and Profinet/Profibus based project
at the Slovak University of Technology.
Other department members are active insiders
of the Profibus/Profinet consortium but our
software department are not. We are only
department interested into Linux project using
Siemens products.
We were been delivered DK16xx PN IO
from year of 2008. We were found some
discussion about IWLAN inside upstream
Linux kernel as well.
I would like to ask you if it Is possible to
get information about support
of CP1616 adapter inside upstream kernel?
Is it possible to get newer version of the
DK16xx PN IO via electronic way
of delivery,please?
I'm not aware of any upstream activities around the CP1616 or similar
controllers. But I'll try to put you in contact with someone for our
Industry Automation division who may know better (definitely about the
last question).

Jan
Mittelberger, Martin
2012-04-17 12:52:24 UTC
Dear Mr. Fodrek,

I will put the latest version on the FTP Server for you.
Unfortunately I cannot answer you question.
I never have heard "inside upstream kernel" before.
=46or technical questions please contact the customer support.

With best regards,
Martin Mittelberger

Siemens AG
Industry Sector
Industry Automation Division
Sensors and Communication
I IA SC CI PRM 3
Gleiwitzer Str. 555
90475 Nuremberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 911 895-2185=20
=46ax: +49 911 895-152185=20
Mobile: +49 174 1525222
mailto:***@siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard =
Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief E=
xecutive Officer; Roland Busch, Brigitte Ederer, Klaus Helmrich, Joe Ka=
eser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solms=
sen, Michael Suess; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Com=
mercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684;=
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322
=20
-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. April 2012 12:19
An: Kiszka, Jan
Betreff: Siemens CP1616 and DK16xx PN IO
=20
Dear Dr. Kizska and other Siemens Linux experts,
=20
We are to start Linux and Profinet/Profibus based project
at the Slovak University of Technology.=20
=20
Other department members are active insiders=20
of the Profibus/Profinet consortium but our=20
software department are not. We are only=20
department interested into Linux project using=20
Siemens products.
=20
We were been delivered DK16xx PN IO
from year of 2008. We were found some=20
discussion about IWLAN inside upstream
Linux kernel as well.
=20
I would like to ask you if it Is possible to
get information about support=20
of CP1616 adapter inside upstream kernel?
=20
Is it possible to get newer version of the=20
DK16xx PN IO via electronic way=20
of delivery,please?
=20
I look forward hearing from you=20
=20
Yours faithfully
=20
Peter Fodrek
=20
=20
in
the body of a message to ***@vger.kernel.org
Peter Fodrek
2012-04-17 19:13:27 UTC
Thank you for your very soon answer for both
Mr. Kiszka and Mittelberger.
Kind regards
Peter Fodrek
Post by Mittelberger, Martin
will put the latest version on the FTP Server for you.
Unfortunately I cannot answer you question.
I never have heard "inside upstream kernel" before.
For technical questions please contact the customer support.
With best regards,
Martin Mittelberger